How do I get Emirates to care about me as a customer?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

• blend69
    Participant

Such bad things about Emirates all true of course.
    Perhaps their next advertising slogan should be…
    Hello world – How Very Dare You!

RBrown9
    Participant

Well after writing to a very senior member of EK management in mid September, the global customer affairs manager called me and I outlined my issues. He claimed the email sent to me was not containing any threat but merely a statement of fact. The same individual emailed me and offered to revalidate a return sector of a DXB/BAH ticket – this was a FLEX First Class ticket booked in late July where I could not use the return sector due to timing. I was told that this FLEX ticket only had a one month validity even because it was booked at a “special fare” of about US$1200 for a flight of less than an hour. He generously offered to revalidate the return sector but stated it had to be used by 20 October. I replied to the mail that I could not use the sector by that date, and more importantly, they had not addressed the far more serious issue of my treatment by checkin staff in KL or the fare pricing on the KL trip I made. After not receiving a response for more than a week, I mailed him again and received a reply to the effect the EK had not further comment on this issue. As a frequent flyer and gold skywards member, I am disgusted with their treatment of me. Their Customer Affairs department have made a bad experience worse. I flew SQ on my last trip to South East Asia. This issue is not over and I am going to remind EK Customer Affairs to reply to the last email I sent them.

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Rbrown9,
    I think the post you have put, and many others did, has had a negative impact on Emirates already. For example, I decided not to give a go to this airline. I m a high contribution passenger travelling to Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Oman…full fare business class from LHR about 1 or 2 times a month.
    Although I have wanted to give it a try at some point, I refrained due to the bad reviews. I m a gold BA passenger, not particularly enthusiastic about them, but they deliver what they promise, at least to me!
    Many of my colleagues also avoid Emirates due to bad press, despite superior Biz Class seating I hear.They shoot themselves on the foot….
    How to get Emirates to care, just do not use them, I wont until I read people recommand them!

RBrown9
    Participant

I agree fully with you. I certainly follow posts on BT closely as they generally give a realistic view of what (the good and bad) to expect from various service providers. I tend not to try airlines or hotels that get poor reviews. It’s a pity about EK as they are generally really good inflight. The issues arise when something goes wrong which happens quite frequently and their indifference towards acknowledging and resolving customer issues.

blend69
    Participant

Bye and large Emirates in flight service in F/C is very good – cabin crew try very hard with passengers, and are pleasant to deal with.
    However forget complaining to their C/S dept., every complaint is taken personally by them, and they are aggressive and unhelpful. I am also a gold member and I have switched to Etihad and back to BA. Eventually when their customer service section has upset enough frequent flyers, their revenue will suffer.
    Easily the most inept and unpleasant Customer Service Department of any airline I have dealt with bar none – that includes the bunch in London. Definitely they need a new software implant.

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Perhaps the answer is that change has to occur from the top down ….starting with the President/CEO of the airline who has been there since he jumped ship from Gulf Air back in the mid-80’s! Only then will we see a change in attitudes towards the passengers who help pay their salaries. It will be interesting to see how QANTAS FFP Passengers will react to the arrogance they encounter next year going through Dubai!

andystock
    Participant

My Dad is an EK Gold card holder and has stated that the standards have dropped in the last 18 months in terms of service from CC and food. Unfortunatley he uses the DXB to Glasgow route so no other options in terms of direct flights.

StewartKidd1
    Participant

Well, I’m one satisfied Emirates customer – 4 otherwise excellent flights earlier this month resulted in one hiccup with a limo (in Doha) and one damaged suitcase. Decided to have a moan with the Skywards desk in the T3 DXB lounge thinking it was a waste of time as I didn’t report the damage when first discovered. Had email from Emirates UK, profound apology, award of miles and new suitcase delivered this afternoon. Well done Emirates you’ve stopped me trying Ethiad again !

Bruce98
    Participant

Capetonianm’s reply (post #2) is spot on as far as I am concerned.

If an EK flight goes well, then you will have a nice experience.

If anything goes wrong, you will be f*cked.

RBrown9
    Participant

Well seems like one person had a good experience with EK which indicates that they are capable of delivering a good experience but inconsistent in doing so. From my end, I last sent them an email three weeks ago asking for a more considered response to my issue and some effort to resolve it. To date, not even the courtesy of a reply. Maybe approaching them in person is the way to go.

blend69
    Participant

If you have suffered a loss, and this can include a poor quality issue where you have not received what you paid for in respect of service etc., one option is to try the County Court in the UK (small claims track). Success may depend on factors such as where you bought the ticket and how you paid for it etc. This system is designed on a DIY basis (no lawyer needed) and judges are relaxed and sympathetic. A good place to get free advice would be the Consumer Association (forum) here in the UK. If you used a credit card, you could always try to recover the loss by “charge back” to Emirates if the card issuer agrees. I doubt you would succeed with that on a UAE issued card, but you would have a very good chance with a UK issued card because of the EU Consumer Regulations. The CC small claims track is simple to use, and you can even do the paperwork on line for a small fee.
    I have done this twice now with BA when they have been recalcitrant about dealing with a problem, and both times, even though they took me to the wire, they did not want the publicity of a court case with a passenger and paid in full before the Court date. Very good book : “Small Claims in the County Court” by Pearl & Goodman is up to date and extremely easy to follow, and intended for non lawyers.
    In the end though you would not want to get in to issues with the UAE system if you are resident or spend a lot of time going in and out, as their view of consumer fairness is not the same as the UK. If theres not too much money and pride involved, switch airlines, its often the easiest. When enough disgruntled regular flyers stop using Emirates, and they get enough associated bad publicity in places like this, they will get the message.

SimonS1
    Participant

To be honest rbrown I don’t understand why you don’t just move on and take your business elsewhere. It’s clear that Emirates have nothing further to add so all you are really doing is winding yourself up.

I doubt the small claims court would get involved in a service issue between KUL and Dubai or a ticket revalidation issue between BAH and Dubai.

I accept their customer service isn’t always great, but show me a big airline that is perfect 100% of the time.

I think if you read the thread again you will find more than 1 happy customer, for the record I am travelling tomorrow on my 17th round trip this year from LGW to Dubai, my bags have never been lost or damaged and apart from 1 weather delay when we were sat in the plane we have always been on time. That is what 99% of travellers are interested in.

If you feel so bad about EK (which you clearly do, as this thread is basically 3 pages of your moans about them) then take your business elsewhere and others may or may not follow.

Did you put the video on YouTube by the way? Why not show us the evidence?

MajdiAlAyed
    Participant

RBrown9 i hear and agree with your comments and know exactly what you mean. I am going to also agree with what @capetonianm had to say about EK being a huge airline that is making money and unfortunately doesn’t care about its passengers the way they used to.

I similar to RBrown9 maintain top tier memberships with all the regional airlines (Gold on Etihad, Gulf Air, and Qatar Airways) and even though none of those fly the overrated A380 (which after you fly it a few times becomes a norm) or have the connections and destinations that EK has, they are still very very good and world-class.

I have been a loyal customer of Etihad and Qatar Airways for years now and in all honesty have not had a single issue with them at all. Not on-ground or on-board.

I also keep on hearing from people that EK is great, but it just depends on your “luck” with the crew or on-ground staff. What on earth is that supposed to mean? “My luck with the crew.” I don’t think I am paying double what I need to be paying should have anything to do with luck. It should be professionalism, extra attention to detail, and a world-class traveling experience.

SimonS1
    Participant

That’s the thing Majdi. It’s all a matter of choice. I have been a loyal customer of Emirates for several years and haven’t had reason to complain either.

I changed from BA for the same reasons, but there people on here who rate BA – good luck to them.

Pay your money and take your choice, as the saying goes.

RBrown9
    Participant

I have already taken my business elsewhere and my last trips have been on Etihad, Gulf Air and Singapore Airlines. The majority of the flights that I have had with EK (and there have been many) have been fine with a couple being excellent. I understand and accept that things can go wrong and often do with many airlines, not just EK. However, the thing that winds me up is the rudeness, arrogance and indifference that EK’s Customer Affairs Department demonstrate in handling the issue. They have not done their job properly. Had they handled things in an appropriate manner, I would still be a loyal customer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls