How do I get Emirates to care about me as a customer?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

Iberia threatened me with both police action and physical assault when I took a photo of a cabin crew member smoking in the galley during a flight – after she’d denied doing so.

A bus company in France threatend me with legal action for photographing some of their bus drivers using hand held cellphones whilst driving on the motorway and on twisting hlly roads.

I’m still here, and I haven’t gone to prison.

first_class_please
    Participant

Send it higher RBrown.

<a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] – President

<a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] – President Group Services

<a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] – Executive Vice President – Passenger Sales Worldwide

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’d call their bluff, and tell them to go ahead, you look forward to seeing theme in court and the countless (bad) publicity it will bring them. Let them also know your legal department (even if you don’t have one) is now looking at their email as you consider this to be a threat.

Of course you risk them canceling your Gold status but if you’re not going to fly with them again it probably doesn’t matter.

By the way, plenty of clips on YouTube taken on board aircraft.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – interesting if Emirates cancelled a passengers card status merely becasue they complained about service.

first_class_please
    Participant

Maybe you could ask Business Traveller to take up the issue..

Interesting to then see Emirates response in circulation.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Other than through the magazine letters page, I doubt BT would show any interest in taking this or any travel related case up on behalf of a poster’s comments (and rightly so, I hasten to add).

However, I do hope that BT take note and perhaps consider the posters comments, when they reporters review a service or product that has been “heavily” discussed on the forum……

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Reading the earlier posts, the problem all started when the reader appeared at the KUL check-in counter (which seemed to be staffed by agency workers) without any e-ticket print out.

Perhaps the moral here is to carry a ticket print out when travelling in this part of the world ?

Viking777
    Participant

I recently flew EK business class on their A340-300 and I was surpriced to see that they use 2-3-2 seating in business. I was unlucky enough to get a middle seat on a full flight. And the seat was far away from a flat bed and IFE far away from what I have seen adverticed. I had a look into first and also here it was not flat bed. Actually first did look quite disappointing on this aircraft. Is this EK standard? I havent seen this layout (2-3-2) on other carriers for many years. Service was okay but nothing speciel

RBrown9
    Participant

Their seating on their older A330/40 is certainly not adequate for J class, particularly on the airbus which is narrower than the 777. The A380 J class seating (lie flat) is good but (for me anyway) does feel cramped. I do not like the fact the half the J class seats on the A380 offer less space and would not allow a person of six foot to lie flat. The 777 business class seems ok and the J class on their newest 777 is actually quite good – that is what I was “filming” when the purser told me to stop! In any event, even with the best “hard” product, if the service on the ground (where you spend a good portion of your time” is not up to scratch, then it impacts the product – certainly for me.

DUBAI-FLYER-1
    Participant

I too have experienced exactly the same lack of interest in my recent complaint demostrating poor customer service. Do EK not realise that customers who take the time out of their busy schedules to complain deserve more than a cut and paste aplology !
    EK s thirty day turnaround period for complaint investigation purposes in its self extreemly poor service.
    If Gold loyalty is rewarded in this lackluster fashion i will no longer let it influence my airline choice, and as you say talk with my feet…… !

blend69
    Participant

Emirates have indeed gone down the plughole in many different ways, but mostly passenger service. This includes a total resistance to any sort of complaint acknowledgement or admission. I too am a gold member, and fly frequently to Dubai, however I have changed to Etihad, and now fly to Abu Dhabi rather than Dubai and go by car for the 45 minute journey to Dubai. Etihad service at their check-in is second to none, with first class passengers being met at the kerbside in T4 Heathrow, and their luggage taken for them. On board, their entertainment system may not be quite as good as Emirates, but just about every other aspect of service is considerably better. Emirates has expanded too quickly and lost control. They appear to me to operate these day on rules that they make up as they go along. And I too have had similar experiences to RBrown9, and I know of others that have had been treated in a similar manner. I may fly with them again but they will be a last resort.

poisonedcabinair
    Participant

EK Customer Affairs and PR departments have no interest in acknowledging their failings, however small. There have been references in this forum to Tim Clark’s undertaking to compensate passengers who were denied flying on the AB380 when the aircraft was being checked for structural cracks, which he admitted to in a Bloomberg Interview on 23rd March.

A good friend of mine has persued this matter recently and wrote to the airline and the Customer Affairs Group to chase the progress with this matter as he had been ‘fobbed off’ by Skywards on the matter. Their response is in the ‘Business Traveller’ (September Issue), where they state that Tim Clark was taken out of context by a ‘newspaper article’. Totally Disengenous!

He contacted the Bloomberg journalist about their response, and she was quite incredulous about thePR response. She is determined that Tim Clark was forthright in his responses to her and that the offer of compensation to the disappointed passenegers was genuine.

However it seems that the airline is trying to bury the offer and remarks by their President Tim Clark. It is astonishing that Emirates can be so arrogant toward its customers.

QANTAS passengers beware of the duplicitious nature of the way deal with customers when the code-share is introduced next year!

More posts, blogs and publicity along the lines of those directed at RYANAIR might be one way to embarass Mr. Clark and the airline to reconsider their poor public image!

Unfortunately lots of folks that have not flown or infrequently flown with Emirates are in awe when I inform them of the airlines shortcomings!

I now have my Etihad Gold Card so I shall beconsidering them as my prime carrier in future!

RBrown9
    Participant

I have also received my Etihad Gold Card and will be trying them on my next trip to South East Asia. The key issue with Emirates seems to be arrogance. I realise things do go wrong but a humble acknowledgement of the problem, an apology and some incentive to use them next time would go a long way. I have never dealt with a full service airline that appears to try and hide behind their “terms and conditions” to the extent that EK does. And one of their senior managers told me today that the statement made in their email to me regarding their legal department reviewing all statements published was not a threat but simply a statement! My question – why was such a statement needed if not a threat or an attempt at intimidation?

RBrown9
    Participant

And at a commercial level, I am have spent more than $30000 per year on EK for the past five years with my partner spending a similar amount. Losing both of our business will mean at least $300K in lost revenue over a five year period. Not a large amount to a giant like EK….

Viking777
    Participant

RBrown9 – Maybe $300K is not a lage amount for EK, but I am very sure that other smaller carriers would be very happy for the business you could bring them.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls