How do I get Emirates to care about me as a customer?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

• RBrown9
    Participant

Well the dealine left for EK’s Customer Affairs Department has passed. Today is the first day of the working week in Dubai and they have not bothered to call back (in spite of two messages left on Thursday). I can hardly say I am surprised. Well the video clip will be posted as soon as I am in front of my PC tomorrow.

RBrown9
    Participant

I love Untied.com, thanks for that Simon. I wonder if Emirates have outsourced the training of their ground staff and customer service team to United? Thinking of Emiratz.com as the Middle East equivalent.

superchris
    Participant

Emirates have certainly acquired a nasty case of ‘the answers no now whats the question’ syndrome. Particularly their ground staff. As is often the case, the onboard crew are great and have to pick up the pieces.

I took ill on an emirates flight last year JNB transit Dubai to London and we all agreed Id best get a hotel for a few nights in Dubai. When I came to fly, they wanted to charge me £1000 even though I took ill on their flight after eating their food. It took me about 3 hours of negotiating at DXB to get on a flight.

RBrown9
    Participant

Sounds typical of their behaviour. And kept you waiting for three hours whilst you tried to negotiate not to pay what they should not have been trying to get you to pay in the first place. Knowing you had been ill. How kind of them!

jjlasne
    Participant

Tibs941
    Participant

EK check-in desks are manned by a handling agent in KUL however they wear the EK uniform whilst looking after their flights. There should be an EK supervisor walking around somewhere near check-in though. You can tell the difference between handling agents and EK staff by their name badges. Proper EK staff will have their job title written below their name. Handling agent will just have their name.

If they told you that there is no station manager then that is crap. All EK stations have one. They may have meant he/she is in DXB for training etc however the deputy will always be available if this is the case. Hope this helps.

RBrown9
    Participant

Well done Emirates. It is seven days since I left two messages with Customer Affairs requested a call back. Another two messages today. An no surprise, they have not called me.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

………and the U tube clip………….

fclassflyer
    Participant

Though it may not be the vogue, I’ll launch a defense of Emirates based on my personal experience.

In July, my family and I travelled from LHR to DXB during the Olympics. T3 was packed and we had a particularly difficult security agent who insisted on tipping out my wife’s handbag.

It was only during the descent into DXB that my wife realised that she had left our passports at the security point in LHR during the melee. Let me not even try and explain how helpless and panicked I felt.

My initial thoughts were to call Amex Centurion and use the Global Assist programme. This turned out to be a blind alley as the chap was only interested in selling me a $750 insurance for a future “claim”.

Luckily ground staff at DXB realised that there was something amiss and when I explained our predicament, was advised to go to the F class lounge (we were travelling F) and he was sure we would be assisted.

So we presented ourselves at the F Class lounge and explained the situation to the lounge manager. Should could not have been kinder in that she welcomed us to the lounge, told us to relax and that she would try and see what London could do.

This was now 4.30am in London. At 5:30am the lounge manager came to let us know that she had personally called the LHR station manager who had gone to security, retrieved our passports and had put them on the EK008 that was expected in Dubai at 18:30.

During the course of the day in the F Class lounge, EK staff kept inquiring about us and whether they could make us more comfortable.

EK 008 landed at 18:08 and I had my passports by 18:25. Much to my family’s relief.

Now if that is not service then nothing is 🙂

RBrown9
    Participant

Am planning on loading the clip soon. Having Internet problems at present. I have had excellent service as well from EK but a couple of great experiences do not make up for several poor ones. Great experiences should be the norm/standard.

RBrown9
    Participant

Well, finally got a reply from Emirates Customer Affairs. Basically nothing offered in terms of addressing the issues with some being completely ignored. And, an extract from the email: “I understand that during the course of your journey you captured video clips at the airport and on board and stated your intention to publish these clips through various channels. Please be informed that comments made about Emirates in the press are reviewed by our legal department”. When I spoke to them on the telephone I said I would publish the clips if they did not address the issues and offered to share the clips with them as evidence of my issue! The tone of the rest of the email was equally bad and included a reference to one of my journeys originating in Lagos (I have never been to Lagos in my life). I am no lawyer but assume that the implication is that EK are saying that if I dare to publish anything about them (even if true!) I may have to face legal action. And I though that the principal of freedom of expression was similar in concept to them wanting to freely operate flights into various EU destinations or other countries (like Canada). Do EU member states threaten to take legal action (even by implication) if EK express their concerns about not being allowed to fly to Stuttgart (for example). Or make a statement to a news channel n a similar issue? And threatening/tring to intimidate a passenger who has flown enough with them to maintain Gold status for several years. In fact, threatening any customer. I am not complaining for the joy of it but because I was treated badly.

RBrown9
    Participant

Well one up for Ryanair. Although they might call their passengers names, at least they appear to be unconcerned about their passengers freely expressing their views in the press.

capetonianm
    Participant

Interesting. This just gives me yet another reason never to travel on EK or to set foot in that festering whorehouse which is their hub.

RBrown9
    Participant

And I actually cannot believe that I was fair enough to give them a chance to address the issue! Simply to be treated in an insulting and threatening way by someone from their “customer affairs” department. I thought “customer affairs” was meant to resolve issues, not make them worse. At a commercial level, how do they gain from such an arrogant and high handed attitude? I am stupid!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am no lawyer RBrown9, but just because Emirates’s legal department review the tape, doesnt mean they can take legal action, especially if the tape is only showing what actually heppened.

Who said Emirates are gaining anything, what they are saying is “push off little man, we are not interested in your complaint.”

Over to you for your next move…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls