How clean is your hotel bedroom floor?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• frustratedflyer
    Participant

Following the How clean is your plane seat thread thought I would start this one on bedroom floors.

These are my wife’s feet after 20 minutes walking round a suite at the Hilton RAK a couple of years ago.

Walking barefoot from the shower was not an option!

Floor-2-1

capetonianm
    Participant

I walk barefoot most of the time, except in hotels after seeing my own feet after walking on hotel carpets.

As for aircraft floors, they are even worse, and I am disgusted when I see people walking barefoot to and from the toilets.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

@frustratedflyer: I would have raised hell in such circumstances

@capetonianm
    : so do I, even in hotels (but never on a plane!) while I am aware carpets might not be that clean. I just need this.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Another reason to make full use of the provided slippers, I always carry a spare pair with me no matter where I stay. Not necessarily due to dirt but a staple sticking in my foot in a freshly cleaned room. I also carry spare pairs of trainer socks.

Inquisitive
    Participant

This is the reason Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott and many other hotels provide slippers.

I always use slippers provided but occasionally walk barefoot in hotel room. So far didn’t experienced this kind of dirt.

In this situation, calling hotel manager would have been appropriate action.

esselle
    Participant

Walked barefoot in a 5 star hotel room in Abu Dhabi and got somebody’s dental floss stuck to me!

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=990280]These are my wife’s feet after 20 minutes walking round a suite at the Hilton RAK a couple of years ago.[/quote]

You’d like to think your wife’s feet are an exception rather than the rule !
    Having said that , it’s something I’ve never really thought about as the souls of our feet are designed to protect us from horrible stuff found on the ground.

I’d add , I do make sure I wear slippers to the toilet on-board aircraft.
    As it still amazes me how minging some of my fellow passengers can be !!

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Slight change of topic but in a rental car, I put my glasses into the door pocket. Later, reaching to get them, I felt something cold, slimy and squishy. I don’t think I need to explain further.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls