Coronavirus: How Clean Is Your Airplane?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• AircraftLover
    Participant

Novel Coronavirus is the perfect example of why all aircraft must be professionally cleaned before each flight

1 user thanked author for this post.

fqtvgla
    Participant

Agree but the only time they get deep cleaned is when the aircraft is not flying for a number of days whilst its having a maintenance check. All other times its a quick wipe with a cloth, if at all.

TupeloKid
    Participant

A quick wipe with a dirty cloth if VS is anything to go by.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Last year I flew to Miami on holiday with a miles ticket on BA.

I don’t normally use the towels we are offered, but on this occasion, I used it to wipe the arms of the chair and the small side area where drinks are placed.

BA-First-to-Miami

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AK

capetonianm
    Participant

Air quality is far more worrying than the superficial dirt that you can see and clean away, or protect yourself against. Breathing the exhalations (I’m being polite!) of a few hundred other people is not an appealing prospect.

Last time I flew BA longhaul in C I didn’t even want to put my things into the locker between the seat and the bulkhead because it looked so grubby. No doubt the overheads are worse, fortunately being short I can’t see right into them!

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/aircrew/cabinairquality.html
    https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/science-says-airplane-air-is-so-bad-its-making-pilots-sick-and-maybe-frequent-fliers-too.html

I know the airlines say the filters remove most of the particles and so on, but I can remember seeing the used filters that came out of a 707, admittedly this was during the smoking era, and being quite shocked.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And another about air quality

Family sue after being kicked off flight ‘for body odour’

A Michigan family removed from an American Airlines flight in Miami when staff claimed they had body odour are suing the airline.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Understandably, we are getting a lot of information from airlines who are to keep to be clean…

Here’s Qatar Airways….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

…. and Emirates

canucklad
    Participant

And I believe BA have been actively recruiting for capable new cleaners to deep clean their aircraft…

SimonS1
    Participant

Good news as BA brings new cleaning staff.

FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

Judging by the state of my chauffeur car and F suite area of an Emirates A380 last week DXB-LHR I’d say my airplane and car hadn’t seen a cleaner in a good few days. Complaint raised and reply received saying yeah sorry about that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls