Hotels in Valencia, Spain – any recommendations?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I have to go to Valencia early in the New Year. My preferred hotel, the Hilton, appears no longer to be in the chain. This is a great pity as it was one of the better Hiltons in Europe, IMHO, based on my previous experiences.

I’ve tried calling the former Hilton number and no-one picks up. I’ve also tried googling the hotel and the address, but can get no info as to the new operator (assuming there is one).

Anyway, I’m seeking a recommendation for a good 4-star plus or 5-star in Valencia as an alternative. I’ve looked at the Westin (and that’s a possibility). However, I’d like someone a bit more traditional and less “chainy,” at least for part of my stay (I’ll probably end at the Westin for part of the time).

Does anyone have any recommendations – and does anyone know what’s happened to the Hilton?

Many, many thanks.

If I don’t post again before Christmas, please allow me to wish everyone a most enjoyable Christmas and a safe, healthy and prosperous 2011.

Simon

PS Iberia LHR-MAD-VLC return (non-flexible Business Class) for £475. Not bad. BA wanted £700+ for the same. One wonders how this merger is actually manifesting itself in practice. Anyway, that’s perhaps for another thread!

robsmith100
    Participant

Simon,

I used to be a very frequent visit to Valencia, and my preferred place to stay is actualy the Holiday Inn. Its not the most luxurious hotel by far, however its clean, functional and service is good. It also gives the best views and has a roof top pool! The location is great as you a right opposite the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, El-Saler shopping complex and also not far from the Valencia FC.

The top places to stay are, The Westin and Hotel Las Arenas Balnerario Resort, the latter is actually down on the beach But right on the edge of the city. Both of these hotels are very nice but stupidly expensive. I went for lunch at the Hotel Las Arenas Balnerario Resort once and it is special with great sea views. I dont know happen to the Hilton.

Since the F1 came on to the scene, hotel prices have sored quite dramatically all year round. I find most hotels in Valencia dont offer the best food, so try an eat out. While there you must eat what I call a ‘proper paella’ (paella valenciana), you might need to travel outside of the city for a good one. I do still have some contacts over that way and will try and find some places they recomend and post them later.

The city is truley beautiful and walking round the old town is lovely and certainly my favourite bit of Spain.

Like wise do have a very merry xmas and happy new year to yourself all BT members and staff.

Regards,

Rob.

TBraz35
    Participant

Simon,

I been to Valencia a while ago and stayed at the Hospes Palau De La Mar.

It’s a small design hotel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls