Hotels in Miami for lunchCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Hotels in Miami for lunch

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DJA1stClass4sure 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

SenatorGold
    Participant

May I have the good advice of the Forum’s cognoscenti? On 17 December I arrive at MIA at 10.00hrs from Grand Cayman and depart at 19.10hrs for LHR on the AA 777-300ER for LHR. It will be my 55th birthday and between flights I’d like to go somewhere special for lunch. I will be on my own. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’d like somewhere where I can lunch Al fresco. From the Wallpaper Guide to Miami The Raleigh Pool Bar looked like somewhere to consider.

Jetcruiser
    Participant

Season has started for us so you may want to avoid Ocean Drive (tourist trap venues) and Collins Avenue properties (heavy traffic). I would recommend JUVIA MIAMI – http://www.juviamiami.com/ – delicious food, great views and inside/outside seating options. Also, you can walk to Lincoln Road (2 minutes away) if you want to do a bit of holiday shopping.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Downtown Miami, as opposed to South Beach.

How about Mandarin Oriental if you’re after a ‘hotel restaurant’.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Thank you both of you – I like the idea of both your recommendations.

MartynSinclair

..and a very happy 55th SenatorGold… I am 1 year behind you and life has never been better (except for now being an orphan)…

SenatorGold
    Participant

Thank you Martyn. I will reflect on what you say over lunch and toast you and all Forum contributors. I feel very privileged that my 50’s have given me the opportunity to travel more often and extensively than before and in greater style and comfort.

DJA1stClass4sure
    Participant

Right on the airport property but a taxi ride away is the 94th Aero Squadron Miami Restaurant. http://www.94thmiami.com. It is located at 1395 NW 57th Ave. This is a really great place to eat, out of the terminal and without the hustle of traffic to South Beach. I recently ate here as part of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary yearly Change of Watch. I highly recommend it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.