Hotels in London

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks Craig – it just amazes me that the hotel management are presenting these kinds of prices as deals. We are always happy to pay that little bit extra to build relationships, but the differences being quoted are just stupid.

“Grand Room £446.25 (room only + complimentary internet access)
    Grand Executive Room £493.00 (room only + complimentary internet access)
    Club Room £531.25 (room + access to The Langham Club Lounge for breakfast and evening cocktails + internet access)”

Cut and pasted from email courtesy of the hotel manager!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Martyn,

In London, I am usually staying at http://www.doylecollection.com/locations/london_city_hotels/the_marylebone_hotel.aspx in London: perfectly located, great service (like a hot towel upon arrival) and … decently priced. It is worth there going for the deluxe room (spacious but more important, Nespresso Machine! And free wifi). For tomorrow, the site indicated a price of GBP 245 + VAT (there is a special rate at GBP 270 +VAT including full English breakfast and a GBP 15 credit on F&B). The hotel also has an internal swimming pool and a full gym.

craigwatson
    Participant

And he says these are special rates?

I see a grand room including full breakfast for £432 inclusive of all tax as well

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

http://www.booking.com is showing
    Hotel Verta by Rhombus (Battersea) at £109
    Royal Garden Hotel Kensington at £238

per day next week. Both are 5* and come highly rated.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thanks for the heads up on the rates. The 2 above are the wrong side of town, although the taxi fare, in fact a limo ride would still be cheaper.

The manager is meant to be phoning me in the morning.

JamesCoke
    Participant

Hi travellers,

A friend of mine told me since 2 or 3 days about an international tourism guide http://www.bedouk.com that contain a wide range of hotels and facilities in diffrent countries all over the world.
    All travels can have a look on it may be it can serve them anytime.

Thank you so much and have a nice day.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

For logistical reasons we stayed at the Hilton by the Dartford bridge this week. £142 pre-paid for the family with 2 double beds. It’s known as a “double double” including a very good buffet breakfast.

On the two occasions we had to go into London, we dove to Ebbsleet, parked and took the high speed train. £37 for the four of us including unlimited tube/bus travel. Great value and very fast. Something to consider perhaps?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls