Hotel Toiletries

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• myspirow
    Participant

I’m so not going to use any of hotel toiletries anymore…
    It’s good to hear that some like Burj Al-Arab actually give the toiletries as a giveaways… Maybe it’s time for hotel to pack their toiletries and give it to guests in the form of amenity kit; just like they did on airline… People who don’t want to use it can sell it somewhere else or give to the charity…

YorkshirePudding
    Participant

I simply cannot be bothered to take stuff with me when I check out, it seems petty.
    A business colleague of mine takes everything, even the tea bags and nasty instant coffee. Its each to their own I guess but I can’t see the value in collecting small bottles of shampoo 😉

NTarrant
    Participant

I always take the Hilton La Source shower gel. Crabtree & Evelyn is a good brand and I find that the small bottles are good for taking to other hotels. Have not purchased any for years.

robsmith100
    Participant

Four Seasons, give away Asprey’s Purple Water products, which are just superb. The housekeeper on my last stay confirmed that any opened/used products are always disposed off after the guests stay. I prefer to take these products with me as they do come in handy when travelling to keep in your hand luggage.

patricia49
    Participant

I am a member of the Woman’s Institute and we support our local refuge for ‘battered wives’. I collect all the hotel toiletries as they are unvaluable for these ladies and their children who have had to leave their abusive partners with often only the clothes they stand up in. It’s so important that they feel a little pampered and good quality toiletries are so appreciated by them. Every town in the UK has a refuge which is always self supporting so please find out how to contact them and donate any toiletries – you will know they are going to a good cause.

steve11
    Participant

I don’t see any problem with taking hotel soaps. Most are just thrown away. However, I did read about a nonprofit company that collects the partially used soaps and reuses them for the poor. It’s much better than adding to the landfill. Their website is

http://www.globalsoap.org

stevescoots
    Participant

I always take the slippers, her indoors likes to use them getting out the shower.

toiletries I tend to use my own, if they are a good brand then i take them home and give to my daughter. I get on average 8 airline bags a month, these get given out to family and staff in china along with the free pajama’s qatar give out (neverwear them in the plane myself)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls