Hotel Security Breach

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• skyguy79
    Participant

KeaneJohn.

It is a Pakistani wedding actually and guess what ? It wasn’t an empty threat. Sachas had already been the prime choice until this incident.

I had given plenty of opportunity for the hotel/management to respond if you care to read this whole thread.

You claim that Data Protection hasn’t been breached at the Brittania ,so if you would like to give me your bank details so I can call your bank and see how much you money you have or don’t have in your account, your payroll details so I can see how much you get paid and perhaps your credit card number so I can maybe check what you spend your money on ?

Sound ridiculous ? That’s because it is.

If you wouldn’t consent to the above, why should someone else ?that The relevant departments of the airline have been notified and may I say I strongly feel you are a Brittania employee from your response, which is like that of a moody 14 year old teenager who has been grounded for a month.

Unless of course you post your real name,address,DOB,National Insurance Number,Passport number here ?

I sometimes have to laugh at the silliness that prevails on this forum.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Skyguymachester.

I have indeed read all of this post and your unprofessional outbursts so I did read that you had given the company ample opportunity to reply.

You then however went onto post in a public forum (Trip Advisor) the details. Interestingly you posted them here and cited your reason in case they got deleted.. maybe for breaking Trip Advisor House Rules ?

However in posting on a public forum you point blank told Brittannia that you did not want to be contacted. So I ask again as you conveniently did not answer in my last post by posting on Trip Advisor how did you want Britannia to redress the situation ?

I also don’t see anywhere in my posting where I said that the Data Protection Act had not been breached. Please feel free to correct me here however. I asked YOU which part of the Data Protection Act had been broken which again you conveniently did not answer.

You may say you feel strongly that I am an employee of Brittannia. I can say that I am most definitely not. I have stayed at Sachas once in the last 10 years and that was once too many for its hot and claustrophobic windowless rooms but it served a purpose on a night out in Manchester in town when one of these big football clubs had a home game.

As mentioned, I am not an employee of Brittannia. Indeed I have used forums (this one) and Facebook to post concerns that I have had and in all cases they have been resolved quickly within a couple days.

You can give feedback and you can complain. This can be done effectively without having to be abusive or sarcastic whilst doing so.

There is one person that is being ridiculous on this thread and I can assure you it is not me.

Some people definitely are silly throwing the toys out of the pram when they don’t get their own way and indeed use smoke screens to hide their mistakes.

Kindly let us know when this airline stops using this for their staff ?

skyguy79
    Participant

KJ my man !

Please can you post some complaints you have ever made on this forum ?

I’d like to learn how to complain in a nice ,friendly, professional ,caring,humurous, rapport building way from you.

Yes I am being sarcastic . But I would love to see you post on here the worst complaint you have ever made in your life ..I bet it isn’t candy coated and professional ? You don’t sound the patient

Me calling a Brittania robot a loser was done in anger and a direct response to the pathetic response received to my complaint.

Why not show me how you would have complained about the issues I have raised, Mr Brittania Hotel employee ?

Best tidy my toys up before I need to throw throw them out again at you ! hahaha !

I’m not using any smokescreen at all. I don’t pretend to be someone I am not.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have only posted one complaint on here. You will find it under Discussion > CAR RENTAL COMPANIES.

I was contacted by Avis and my out of pocket expenses covered and the corrupted profiles sorted and reservation duly made. Indeed an employee recently contacted me to make sure everything was all in order.

Still waiting to hear the answers to my 2 questions that you haven’t answered twice yet Skyguymanchester.

There is no excuse for abuse in anger just because you didn’t get the answer you wanted to hear. You are showing yourself in a great light and I doubt that you would act like this infront of your boss.

If I had the misfortune to come across such aggressive and vulgar behaviour from an adult I would ask them to leave immediately and suspend all service immediately. Such actions are tantamount to bullying and should not be tolerated.

It is even sadder to note that you are happy to admit that thats the type of person you are. Still I guess it takes all sorts.

Now I will just wait patiently for the answers to my 2 questions.

skyguy79
    Participant

Hey KJ , hope you have had a nice day.

I see all you want is confrontation and aside from you feeling my tone/attitude is wrong and this fast becoming a playground spat, at no point do you feel or make reference to the fact that what happened is wrong. I am therefore giving you a final response as I don’t have the time to keep on explaining myself and going round in circles.

I had asked you to post all your personal details here but you haven’t done that. I wonder why ? If sharing personal information is the norm in your world, what are you afraid of ?

In what way is a service provider’s mistake and subsequent poor response being highlighted tantamount to bullying ?

Reference Data Protection and breaches , here is Brittania Hotels privacy policy, although making reference to online booking, this is the same format followed for hotel guests before,during and after their stay.

http://www.britanniahotels.com/security-privacy/

Here is another great one for Macdonald Hotels
    http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/randolph/privacypolicy.htm

You ask how redress should be made and I want Brittania to brief their staff on not to give hotel room numbers out willy nilly to the first person that calls up ? They can surely post a response on tripadvisor or send me an email apologising for this whole affair. I asked them not to call me, not to not email me.

Can you imagine, after some sleuthing, you calling up the London hotel of Mr Obama and say ” Hi I’m John Keane, the BT forum dictator ,Can I speak to Obama please ?” and they say ” Yes I’ll put you through, he is in room 300 ?!

Or if someone you really despise ( like me, your virt ual enemy ) calls up your hotel and asks for John Keane and the dizzy receptionist says ” Yes I will put you through to his room which is room 256 ?

All your questions and more have been answered. Now if you have finished slandering me can you answer mine please ?

Do you find it appropriate for a hotel to discuss guest’s personal details to complete strangers ?

Would you like it if, for example, I call a hotel you are staying at and ask for you by name and they volunteer your room number ?

You claim to have read the entire thread, but have you seen the responses I have had from 3 of my contacts in 3 major hotel chains ? And those responses have come from people very high up management , not customer services !

You say that I am aggressive,vulgar,unprofessional,ridiculous etc but can you tell me in a few honest words what I feel for you ?

I will read your reply assuming you can answer me on the above and won’t be replying to any more of your posts.

Have a nice night !

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Convenient that you won’t be replying to any more of my posts. Understandable as the truth does sometimes hit a nerve.

I asked you which part of the Data Protection Act had been breached. You still have not been able to do this. Avoiding the issue twice and quoting an online booking policy on the third time. The data protection act has many principles to it. Which one of them has been broken?. We will know never know.

At most I put this down to a blip of unprofessionalism on the hotels part nothing more nothing less and if you had cared to read my post you would have seen that I said so. “Could they for example have already contacted the airline, said sorry for a small blip of unprofessionalism and the matter has been resolved with their client. The airline ?”

Indeed could this matter have resolved with the customer and supplier like they said they would? Of course as you have nothing to do with this business transaction according to your beloved breaches they should not discuss any actions that they have taken with someone not party to the transaction so in any event you are unlikely to be told the outcome but thanked for your feedback. I think this did happen the first time round.

I don;’t see this as anything different to the receptionist saying your room number is xxx and this is on the yyy floor on check in as low and behold anybody within earshot would have heard. Nor is this different to me putting my name and room number on my room service breakfast order form that I put on my door.

Many people have commented on your aggressive tone in the communication. You even posted the Trip Adviser report here in case it was pulled … pulled for what breaking their rules ?

I can see in no point of their communications to you are they calling you a liar. They are simply stating that the have had no problems previously reported and there are no problems now. FACT… How do you know that that is not the case. Did you have this problem repeatedly each time you called your colleague. I guess we will never know.

You got a (unjustified in my opinion) bee in your bonnet and, when you didn’t get what you wanted you got nasty in a fit of anger which you have admitted to when sending your abusive reply.

They then replied that they would be speaking to their customer about this matter. That as far as you were concerned should be the end of it as mentioned above you are no party in the transaction and not entitled to information.

You then got even more angry.

My personal details are irrelevant in this matter .. I don’t think that any personal details were disclosed by the hotel where there ?

My comments have been based on my observations of your behaviour and of your language. Indeed many others have said the same thing.
    you reap what you sow etc. I don’t really care what you think of me.. All I do is hope that I don’t deal with anybody that is rude and agressive when they get angry after not getting their own way. I have my 5 year old nephew for that.

This was not intended to be a playground spat although I can see that it could be seen as that but if you are going to disagree with someone or post something then prepare to be challenged on it ., If you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen,

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls