Hotel in Singapore with good lobby

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

alanorton, really can’t recommend the Mandarin. Although at one level the lobby is impressive – since it stretches all the way up to the top of the building – it is noisy and echo-ey, and the hotel itself is really not up to Mandarin standards. Reckoned to be one of the poorest hotels in the group, so I can’t recommend staying there either

Infidel
    Participant

I would suggest Conrad Centennial Singapore, amazing lobby, plenty of seating areas and also has one of the best Chinese restaurants in Singapore, the Golden Peony on the 3rd floor – stunning food! Executive lounge at the Conrad one of the best in the city too.

FirstTraveller
    Participant

I recommend the Shangri-la as it has the best and most practical lobby in Singapore.

alexlondon
    Participant

Whilst the lobby at the Mandarin Oriental is terrible – certainly not possible to have a business meeting – the Executive Lounge is fantastic and they are quite happy to allow you to host clients. (Avoid breakfast and cocktail hour). This would be my first choice in Singapore for what you are describing – you would need to book a Club Room, of course.

Second choice would be the Intercontinental. As already mentioned, the lobby (rather than the entrance hall) is good for meetings if you avoid afternoon tea time. There is s single sofa/chair area upstairs which would be ideal. Best choice would be (as already mentioned) the board room in the club lounge which you can use for an hour without charge, if booking a club room. Staff will ensure you and your guests are looked after. BUT… it depends who you are aiming at.

The intercontinental is not treated as one of Singapore’s best hotels and is not as impressive a ‘name’ to locals as, say, the Mandarin Oriental.

Third choice is St Regis where I just spent last night. Sumptuous lobby. You will need to ensure a table is reserved though to be certain of a seat. Chairs aren’t great for business meetings though – too soft and low!

richardchown
    Participant

Why not try Crown Plaza Changi Airport hotel. It has elegant lobby area where you can schedule meeting with client. I already stayed here two weeks.

TominScotland
    Participant

Ian, you need to be clear which Mandarin you are talking about as there are three in Singapore – the grand old dame of Mandarins is the Mandarin Orchard (dates from 1971) and its twin is the Marina Mandarin. Neither of these has anything to do with the Mandarin Oriental (they are both operated by Meritus Hotels & Resorts) and to confuse matters further, the Mandarin Oriental and the Marina Mandarin are both located in Marina Square.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls