Hotel in Singapore with good lobby

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

alanorton
    Participant

I’d be grateful if anyone could make a suggestion for a hotel in Singapore that has a good lobby. I ask I as I need to meet a few clients and so would ideally like somewhere were there is a reasonable seating area / lounge in the lobby or close by.

I have stayed at the Regent in the past, but it is a little far out from the main business district. Last time the Fairmont, but no real seating in their lobby. I was thinking of potentially staying at the Intercontinental or Ritz Carlton, but have not been to either before so unsure of ‘lobby arrangements’.

Many thanks.

esselle
    Participant

The Four Seasons (ex Regent), and Fullerton both have good lobbies as you describe.

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

I personally like the Marina Bay Sands lobby a lot. It’s huge, better stil their exec lounge on the 57th floor…..that’s a treat for your customers as well!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The Marina Bay Sands is a great location, but it can be very busy. The exec lounge is impressive, but I seem to recall you need to book a certain room type to have access.

Ahmad
    Participant

The InterCon has a good sized and lively lobby (not the entrance and check in area which has very limited seating). It even has a secluded seating area up a staircase which is part of the lobby and ideal for your meeting clients. My preferred meeting venue there is the boardroom attached to the Club Lounge. It needs to be booked in advance with one hour free for club guests per stay. I have always found it impresses clients because of the old English Club decor and exclusive atmosphere. But if you are looking for a nice lobby, that isn’t bad either. Just avoid breakfast and high tea times when it gets a bit crowded. Having said that, not many people use the secluded area up the staircase so you may be okay at anytime.

Californian
    Participant

You might try making an arrangement with a hotel to use the executive floor lounge. The Fullerton is well located and I have entertained non-guests in their executive lounge in the past. It’s a bit quieter than having a drink in a lobby and shows an effort to find a quiet place in a nice hotel. The view at the top of the Stanford is also nice. But I haven’t stayed there in a while.

flying_sikh
    Participant

Conrad Centennial Singapore. Plenty of seating options and they have amazing live bands playing in the lobby bar late into the evening. Their Executive Lounge on the top floor of the hotel is one of best hotel lounge in my opinion.

janrotterdam
    Participant

Alanorton – I would recommend the Swissotel the Stamford. The seating in the lobby is limited, but adjacent to it is the coffee place, where there is ample seating. Easy to get to, also by mrt
    Also the new Park Royal at Upper Pickering, a bit more isolated, but close to mrt Clarke Quay.

alanorton
    Participant

Many thanks to all. Plenty to consider here and am most grateful for the feedback.
    Intercon still looks to be an option, along with The Fullerton. Amex Fine Hotels programme as a good rate at the Mandarin Oriental, so tempted by this.
    Thanks again,

ThailandHotelDeal
    Participant

Hi thank to everyone sharing the worth full list….

I am also looking for Singapore hotels list….Now i get the all best hotels list from your post…So thanks to you and everyone who shared.

Thanks
    Mirrin Rose

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I can’t honestly recommend the Fullerton as a place to stay, although the lobby is certainly impressive and it is incredibly convenient for the central business district. The rooms, however, are getting a bit tired and I have to say I have always found the hotel to be utterly soulless – hard to describe why, but I know friends who feel the same.

Moadweeb
    Participant

Hi Alanorton,

you may also try the seating area at the Grand Hyatt on Scotts Road, I can’t remember the name of the lounge on the lobby level but it is specifically meant for guests who want to meet business clients without going up to the executive lounge.

Cheers,
    Moadweeb

alanorton
    Participant

Thanks again for all contributions.
    One final very quick question: has anyone stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, and if so, do they feel the lobby is fine for the odd meeting?

SwissExPat
    Participant

I always stay at the Conrad. Lobby is very decent and has a scale I like.

Rgds P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls