Hotel Hair Dryers

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• JSJ
    Participant

Bit of a strange question but we’ve been discussing this in the office and wanted to know which chains/hotels offer the best hair dryers?!

So often you travel to a 5* hotel and are faced with something out of the 80’s mounted on the wall that blows less than a mosquito with a cough.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

All the 4 & 5 star hotels I’ve visited have had very good hairdryers usually kept in a drawer by a dressing table. I can’t remember when our where I last saw a wall mounted one. Even my last Emirates flight had a dryer in the amenities drawer.

Having said that I’ve never in my life used a hairdryer to dry my hair. For me the biggest use is when I have a stain on my shirt after lunch and I wash it out, I can then quickly dry it with the hairdryer.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

As mostly a leisure traveller I’ve experienced many differing hotel hairdryers.

There’s the wall-mounted one that looks like it’s made from a vacuum cleaner hose so any attempt to do a proper blow dry is impossible. Then there’s the hairdryer in the drawer of the dressing table which only seems to have one speed, one heat setting and the need to have finger on switch the whole time to keep it on. Best one I’ve used recently was at a 3* hotel in Barbados. Pity it was in the bathroom right by the basin. It was a proper dryer, wall mounted, great heat/speed settings and managed 20 minutes constant use nearly every day without blowing up. Unlike my travel one which didn’t like their electricity supply for some reason, even with the right travel plug.

Made mistake one year in Cyprus by taking my high-powered salon-type dryer as I thought it would work in their British type plug. All was fine until I got home and the overheating sensor stopped working. Was told it was a result of use outside the UK.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls