Hotel complimentary toiletries

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• esselle
    Participant

canucklad

I suppose it’s just as well you had not bent over to pick up the soap at the time!

backintheseat
    Participant

Good point you make … I also where specs and had the same problem when I stepped in the shower. Trick is to read the bottles before taking off your specs and place them in different places in the shower/bath. Now all you need to remember is which is where.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I am flying Etihad’s A380 service down to Sydney in a couple of days. I had full intention to try the Shower room, but reading these threads, i begin to wonder.
    Anyone ever had turbulence in a shower when flying? Certainly will not be going straight back to my seat if the indicator comes on, and perhaps as with their bathrooms, i should remember to close the window.
    Last time i flew out of Sydney, i popped into the loo before taking off, and was waved at “During midstream”, but the grounds staff of the aircraft next to us laughing.
    Course, i had to laugh too, especially when my “direction of activity” had changed as a result!!!

Any tips for a safe shower at 38,000ft?!

MrMichael
    Participant

MarcusGB – Any tips for a safe shower at 38,000ft?!

Do NOT under any circumstances take the plug out 🙂

jsn55
    Participant

I cannot imagine any well-groomed female who doesn’t bring her own products, except at Hilton properties who stock good shampoo and hair conditioner. I can’t take the chance of my hair looking like the coif of a cartoon character.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

I am with MrMichael – why must the shower controls be so sensitive that a millimetre adjustment is the difference between freezing and scolding?

(generally I judge the quality of the hotel by the quality of the shower (pummelling me into the plug is good, a trickle of melting glacial ice water is bad)

on the shampoo etc, have hotel profits increased now that people don’t actually ‘steal’ this stuff (due to overly zealous liquid control freaks at the airport)

not sure i out-grumped MrMichael …….but I will raise a whisky glass to him on my next trip (cheers)

I have never used the telephone in the bathroom

backintheseat
    Participant

I can only agree with the Hilton products mentioned earlier. Recent stays in Stockholm and London surprised my expectations of hotel bathroom products …

Cheeryguy
    Participant

@Marcus, showering on an aircraft may be a nice to have, type of thing……..but there is a reason that UK registered commercial aircraft don’t have them…….it’s not a good idea to be naked and wet when the aircraft hits clear air turbulence…….i.e. It’s not safe and they wouldn’t be allowed to fit them. I’d rather shower when there is no risk of the floor dropping out from under me. Having said that I’ve not read anything about it happening to EK passengers.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Actually it was my first Question to The Manager on Board. there are handles within the shower, the area is relatively small and shower head inbuilt into the side ceiling. Crew would fetch me and provide a dressing gown in case of needing to come out for any reason. It was very comfortable, compact and i felt very safe. Even if you experienced some turbulence, you would not be seriously injured as it is quite a cocoon and you would not be jolted far enough to cause injury. Also, there is a lock on the door slides across, working only when door closed. You can choose from several brands of toiletries more boutique than mass products.

The whole changing room shower and bathroom is exceptional on Etihad, a mix of Brown and black wood, brown effect cork flooring, gentle lighting, and very tastefully designed. They can allocate a slot for one of the 9 suites, but we had 3 only guests on my flight to Sydney from AUH. An excellent flight, superb cabin and “Apartments” tailored food from the chef.

With the shower on a 15+ hr flight, you really feel great benefit, and i had far less jet lag, and no need to freshen up when you land. So it was really a great feature, and an excellent benefit physically, and for well being. I did not feel hesitant or any more at risk than using any bathroom, but the sheer size of Etihad’s bathrooms 3 times the usual, and the shower room additionally superb.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Actually it was my first Question to The Manager on Board. There are handles within the shower, the area is relatively small and shower head inbuilt into the side ceiling. Crew would fetch me and provide a dressing gown in case of needing to come out for any reason. It was very comfortable, compact and i felt very safe. Even if you experienced some turbulence, you would not be seriously injured as it is quite a cocoon and you would not be jolted far enough to cause injury. Also, there is a lock on the door slides across, working only when door closed. You can choose from several brands of toiletries, more boutique than mass products.

The whole changing room shower and bathroom is exceptional on Etihad, a mix of Brown and black wood, brown effect cork flooring, gentle lighting, and very tastefully designed. They can allocate a slot for one of the 9 suites, but we had 3 only guests on my flight to Sydney from AUH. An excellent flight, superb cabin and “Apartments” tailored food from the chef.

With the shower on a 15+ hr flight, you really feel great benefit, and i had far less jet lag, and no need to freshen up when you land. So it was really a great feature, and an excellent benefit physically, and for well being. I did not feel hesitant or any more at risk than using any bathroom, but the sheer size of Etihad’s bathrooms 3 times the usual, and the shower room additionally superb.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls