Hotel Availability – Olympic Games

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VectorOne
    Participant

I couldn’t believe my luck ! I managed to “win” tickets in the recent lottery for my chosen event at the London 2012 games. Joy in abundance!!

However, I’m having decidedly less luck at securing a hotel room in central London for the duration of my visit. Any of my favouroite hotels – Marriott, Four Seasons, Sofitel, ICG, are showing as fully booked. I’m being quoted Stg£2,856 for 4 nights, basic room, fully payable in advance (non refundable) for the Marriott India Quay through their own web site. Seems pretty steep to me.

My question is as follows. Are hotel rooms likely to become available closer to the time? Are these hotels genuinely fully booked or are rooms being held back? Any local/insider knowledge would be appreciated.

Safe travels to all.

watersz
    Participant

I was in the same boat. Even as a diamond member of Hilton
    they bring in thier “extrodinary demand “clause
    It would seem most of the rooms central city went to booking agencies.
    I eventually got one for one night Aug 7 for the 1500m final thru booking .com

NTarrant
    Participant

Just a thought, you might be better off trying for hotels outside London such as Croydon. Whilst its a train ride away and means getting up earlier it may be cheaper in the long run.

craigwatson
    Participant

Hi Vector, not sure what dates your looking for, but i just did a quick check on marriotts website and both park lane properties are showing rooms available for around £350 pn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls