Hotel Advice – Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Peter – you don’t need a visa and labour card for the Egates.

Plus it’s free.

peter19
    Participant

HI Simons1,

See below from:
    http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=40

Criteria and Documents for eGate Card

New eGate card holder’s presence
    Original passport (with at least 6 month’s validity).
    You must be either a UAE citizen or an expatriate holding a resident visa.
    Passport photograph

Procedure and Fee

Submit documents and do a finger-print ID. This procedure takes only about 5-10 minutes. Pay AED 200 per card.

more info on the web link.

Vistaro
    Participant

Perhaps a key question I should have asked before to those that know the area, what rates should I be expecting to pay at The Hilton properties?

SimonS1
    Participant

Peter – I can assure you that I have egate access. I don’t have a Visa or a Labour Card and I have never paid a single dirham. Mine uses my EK skywards card.

Also I believe the immigration arrangements in Dubai have recently been overhauled and provided you have your passport, fingerprints and face scanned on the first visit your passport will open the new e-gates.

peter19
    Participant

Simon you are spot on apologies. With emirates skywards you do get access to egate. I rarely flew with emirates when i was out there just short haul hops as I used another Airline for long haul.
    As you say maybe immigration arrangements have changed since i left 6 months ago but the above was from the Dubai government website so i suspect the conditions still stand unless you use a ME based airline prog that supports it.

cheers

David
    Participant

Having travelled to Dubai some 50 times over the past 6 or 7 years (and having stayed at ‘most’ of the class of hotels you are looking at), my vote would go for the Grosvenor House (Starwood property) without hesitation.

The Hilton at Dubai Creek (if you’re looking at the other side of town) too is a good choice (I’ve stayed there myself 10 or so times), especially if you get a front facing room overlooking the creek and skyline.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls