Hotel Advice – Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

Vistaro
    Participant

Hi All

I’ll be in Dubai 3 weeks a month for the next few years, company drives me to The Hilton Brands (As does my 20 year HH DIamond membership!)

I’ll be working around Internet city but also around the area (particularly the Airport / Creek area) so location not too important. Must have’s for me are an Exec Lounge, I’d prefer modern minimalist to traditional but far more importantly I want great service and no hassles, a warm welcome when I arrive and nice rooms with great views!

Anyone got any recommendations?

Sorry about the title spelling!

Thanks

esselle
    Participant

Stayed at the Grosvenor House just before Christmas, albeit for leisure rather than business, but, in all the years of business travel around the world, this is the hotel which delivered the nearest to the “perfect” experience.

neilsoaj
    Participant

The new Conrad hotel is stunning with and excellent exec lounge and great staff

skywards
    Participant

There is only one choice for you as a Hilton guy and that’s the Dubai Hilton Creek hotel. It has an excellent executive lounge that has the standard 18:00pm-20:00pm free alcohol. The hotel itself is set out in smoked glass and crome. It’s not a family hotel so no kids running around. Some rooms offer free pick up and drop off at the airport. YouTube offers plenty of hotel review footage that includes the lounge and rooftop pool.

SimonS1
    Participant

I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of them.

If you are doing three weeks a month for a few years you have time to try them all out.

Raffles99
    Participant

To be frank, if I was doing 150 nights a year I would be looking to spread myself and get status in 2-3 programmes.

Double or triple the flexibility when you come to redeem points and double or triple the chance that you have relevant status for your next gig.

Starwood and Marriott also offer lifetime status at, admittedly, high targets.

One thing about DXB is that all major chains have excellent properties so no shortage of options.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

After three weeks in every four, I think I’d be fed up with hotel rooms, so points become less important than service and comfort.

Fairbairn2
    Participant

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences
    or
    DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai – Al Barsha (new)

Swissdiver
    Participant

I think location actually does matter! May-be not regarding your business venue, but for your evenings. Three weeks is a long period. The last thing you want is to be in a hotel with no external evening attraction nearby. So you could consider staying near the DIFC (plenty of cafes and nice restaurants nearby). Also a small kitchen seems important for these evenings when you won’t be keen to see another restaurant! Not quite a Hilton, but nice and perfectly located: http://www.rotana.com/rayhaanhotelandresorts/unitedarabemirates/dubai/roserayhaanbyrotana. The hotel though does not sell alcohol (but you can bring some in your room).

first_class_please
    Participant

For 3 weeks a month for a few years I would be renting a furnished apartment / villa and making it home.

Vistaro
    Participant

Thanks for everyone’s input.

I’m stuck with Hotels and company policy on brands so don’t have the flexibility that I’d like, the only way I can use other brands is if I can demonstrate they are significantly lower price than the prescribed option.and from past experience it’s almost impossible to prove.

I’ll probably spend the first month doing a few days in each.

The Creek and The Conrad both sound good choices, I’m at The Residences in a few weeks for my first visit and also like the sound of Al Barsha.

Thanks all any more info really appreciated..

first_class_please
    Participant

Is that The Residences at Hilton Jumeirah Beach? Nice hotel but the traffic in that area is horrendous. I would avoid.

Intercontinental at Festival City have Residences also which are nice.

peter19
    Participant

far to much choice here to even narrow it down but you won’t go wrong with the hilton up @ the creek.

Why are you not relocating? Are you planning to head in and out on a working visa only spending 3 weeks so that you don’t break the 30 days entry rule?
    If so i hope you have plenty space in your passport for stamping.
    If not and your aiming to get a Visa & labour card etc then get the E Gate pass – its the best 200 dirhams you will spend if you are coming in & out often. I relocated and lived/worked there 2012-2013 so if you need any info I would be glad to help where i can.

Xuluman
    Participant

Currently at the Waldorf on the Palm. Brand new, unbelievable service. Now fully finished, I had previously visited during a soft opening in January.

Warm welcome? Example – When I walked into breakfast, the superb waitress, who has no idea I was returning recognised me from far across the room and came racing over to greet me by name, bringing me all my breakfast preferences without asking. Astounded.

It is a bit out from town, but that comes with it’s own benefits.

Really am having a great time, food and facilities all top notch – singing it’s praises right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls