Hoorah for Michael Portillo

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

RichHI1
    Participant

Well not only does he make interesting Railway programs, he is now one fo the few Senior or Ex Senior Politicians to break the conspiracy and go on record for a thrid runway at LHR. A politician with principles that exceed convenience. So Boris the Buffoon won’t be getting his vote, nor will Red Ken

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17784487

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

Boris is a Joke and Ken is a Bigger Joke, Mayor of London is Just a Joke job. Michael Portillo should have stood for Leader years ago he would have go my vote.

3rd runway is a must for LHR and a 2nd one for Gatwick.

Tim2soza
    Participant

And a second one for Luton, and direct trains from Waterloo to LHR and St Pancras to LHR. Toll road an extra lane round the M25 and up the M1.

Add 1p to a litre of fuel (I’ve done the maths) to pay for a tree planting campaign to offset ALL UK vehicle Co2 if you are that way inclinded and job done.

RichHI1
    Participant

Not sure point Tim2Sms is trying to make. HS2 I thought was routed via LHR? On roads, if LHR has a future then I would have thought the M40 is the route to the North and the Midlands that should be hardened first as the population centers in W Midlands, the North West and Scotland would be better placed using this route leaving North London and Kent Coast/ European traffice to use the M1 and A1M.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls