Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

KReynolds
    Participant

I will be in HK in January and have been hearing of “all” the “bargains” to be got there !!! Ok what are the reak things I should try buy to save some euros and where will I go to shop and get these savings

BRUSHES
    Participant

about the only things worthwhile are pearls (buy unstrung if this will result in lower duties). a good tailor is easy to find but a good suit will take 3-4 days.

KReynolds
    Participant

I heard electronic items are much cheaper than Europe?

pineapple1223
    Participant

Maybe. But be careful. Some shops are not very honest.

samanthacoleman80
    Participant

I think the only cheap thing in HNK is groceries

travelwell
    Participant

sam’s tailor on nathan road, wonderful shirts, not that cheep but great quality and service.

There is no sales tax / VAT so often you can save on items which normally have high tax.

European brands tend to be quite expensive though. Electronics are best

Travellator
    Participant

Electrical goods have small savings but you may find the latest model not due to be imported to the UK for a few months.

Do not buy on Nathan Road.

Suggest
    Union Laservision – Princes Building – Central
    Universal Audio and Vision – IFC Mall
    Fortress or Broadway – Times Square and Harbour City.

Hotel – Money no object

Four Seasons with Harbour View and Executive club package – great breakfast and snacks all day – unlimited drink !

Views from the lounge on 43rd floor breathtaking from outside balcony.

Infinity pool and huge bubbling pool in the leisure centre unbelievable.

Visit to the Peak is a must – take the bus – sit upstairs on left hand side – white knuckle ride for a few pence. Take the tram back down.

Star Ferry – my preferred mode of transport across the bay – totally adictive.

There is little bar/restaurant on the roof of the Discovery Bay ferry terminal for cheap food/drink.

Peking duck is a must at the Peking Garden at Pacific Place – carved at your table by waiter wearing white gloves !

American food – Dan ryans- Harbour City or Pacific Place.

Nice grill – Jaspas – Staunton Street.

UK bound flight leave late at night after 11, we usually eat in town rather than at the airport even given F/J catering you could wait an hour or more after take off for food – you could be very hungry by that time, this flight is a good one for sleeping !

Any more info will be obliged to supply , heading there myself end of March BA First.

KReynolds
    Participant

Many thanks for your information

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls