Hong Kong to Delhi ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

HKGdirector
    Participant

Can anyone explain why CX operate old style business class seats on this flight whilst on their flights to Mumbai passengers have proper up to date flat beds in business class ? Both flights seem to be around the same travel time so why the difference ?

Wildgoose
    Participant

I would imagine CX don’t regard HKG-DEL as a premium route, unlike Bombay.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !

Actually at the moment there is a big competition in the Indian market.
    During one of my CX flights recently. Beena-one of the female senior purser told me that CX is losing huge pax shares to 9W and Kingfisher–one aspect could be the great C class seats of both airlines which are one of the best in the industry at the moment. CX is just using the utilies which it has at the moment. The newer seats are used primarly in Mumbai–but let us hope it will changed in the future when CX has finished its refurbishment and we can all experience the new seatings in India and Middle East –in all destinations.

Wildgoose
    Participant

Surely CX might be able to divert one of the newer aircraft to the HKG-DEL route?

HKGdirector
    Participant

Increased competition on the Mumbai run has probably convinced CX to improve its offering but on Delhi they only have AI and just recently 9W to compete with. Funny how greater competition and more open skies improves an airline’s product !

Wildgoose
    Participant

True, although people do have the rather convoluted choice of flying TG to BKK and then flying on to HKG.
    With the introduction of IT on the DEL-HKG route, CX would probably pull its socks up.

Engelbert
    Participant

For years CX provided their short haul and poorest product to India. Why ? Looks like they couldn’t be bothered as they enjoyed a virtual monopoly with only a govt owned Air India to offer any semblance of competition. Now….more airlines flying and we now get CX’s top product to Mumbai but they continue with their low end cabin product to all other Indian destinations. For many years I have flown via Singapore on SQ to avoid the shabby CX alternative. Now I fly 9W and IT. By the time CX get their act together we would have all shifted to other airlines on this route ! The Chinese Govt should encourage more airlines to operate and this will lead to better service and better fares.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

All my previous posters are right here! CX is seeing and feeling the competition heating up in the Indian market. It is actually SQ and TG as well. So all airlines are forced to imrove their facilities as Jetairways and Kingfisher are using great products. Yes, there is still less competition in Delhi comparing to Mumbai. But I do not think it will be an excused for next year or coming years–CX is under preassure to refurbish the mid haul planes to India and Middle East or risk losing pax as has happened in the recent months with the introduction of new seats and great food choices onboard Jetairways and Kingfisher aircrafts.

HKGdirector
    Participant

You are spot on Hess ! My bank has bowed to pressure to allow our people to fly 9W and IT because of the superior product, better timings and we also getting cheap fares in business class. CX has its head burried in the sand…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls