Hong Kong: Tips for the First Time Visitor?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

if your going in the next week take a coat, I just got back and its freezing right now, by HK standards anyway!

there is so much to do there, it really depends what you like. If for drinking i tend to eather go to east TST for a quiter nite, or if on a mission start at elgin street at the beginning of the night, walks down to wyndam/LKF then jump in a joe to wanchai, if you are on your own in wanchai watch out for some of the bars with girls running the soho scams.

other than that enjoy!

Susan1974
    Participant

Hi Hongkongflewy,
    if you are the first time in Hong Kong I can recommend a city mobile guide. It is based on a rental Smartphone and it comes with a preinstalled software. You have combination of a travel guide, a navigationsystem, internet access and a phone. So first of all it gives you recommendations in sightseeing, food and shopping, presented by a Chinese Lady in videos. Then you can press the “take me there” -button to find the best way to get there (MTR station and calculated taxi fee is shown) On the interactive maps you always see where you are. Beside this local calls and internet are free and one hour daily IDD calls are also free of charge. I donĀ“t like to type long texts on a touchscreen so I was glad that I could use this phone as internet access by connecting it to my laptop. I liked this all-in-one solution, which was more than just an App for me. This guide was called “Ask Ting Ting” and I booked it on their webpage, then they brought it to my hotel. So I think it is a good solution if you want to stay flexible and discover Hong Kong individually.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

The newly opened Ritz Carlton on TST appears to be worth a look

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371203/Worlds-tallest-hotel-opens-Hong-Kong.html

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Tete_de cuvee: Thank you for giving us this link. I shall go and check it out myself when I leave Europe this week-end for home.

One more great place to showcase my city to the first and repeat visitors!!!

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

You are welcome. I look forward to reading your review as am a big fan of HK.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Most certainly I will.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls