Hong Kong scraps airport temperature checks

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

All temperature checks for transit passengers at HKIA have been scrapped from today.

stevescoots
    Participant

i did not have one a week ago, i guess they stopped a while ago just not “officially”

cwoodward
    Participant

Probably SS it was becoming less and less useful……if it ever in fact was.

Also scrapped last week was the need for incoming air crew to quarantine for 3 nights as had been in place for the past couple of years. This was hugely important and beneficial to the CX group were of course whos crews were tied up for days after often performing just one flight.

Importantly also of course foreign airlines crew also no longer have to quarantine on arrival. This had kept several airlines away from HK and will be another small step for HKIA towards regaining its place as Asia’s primary aviation hub.

ASK1945
    Participant

The forehead measurement, used widely during the major Covid incidence was actually useless (as totally inaccurate). I demonstrated this to people taking these measurements dozens of times, but they were always acting under instructions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls