Hong Kong extends quaratine period

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Airlines were hoping that nations would relax their quarantine rules.

But Hong Kong has announced that it will now require international visitors to quarantine for 21 days.

It’s reported by SCMP that Hong Kong announced the new rule with very little notice.

DavidGrodentz
    Participant

Unfortunately, it is even more draconian than it sounds

21 days quarantine must be done in Government approved list of hotels, none of which are allowed to take other guests

And, for anyone who has spent more than 2 hours in the UK or South Africa during the past 21 days, they are not allowed to board flights to HK

The applies to HK residents as well

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst I would not care to spend 2 weeks, never mind 3 weeks in strict prisoner style quarantine – at least passengers/visitors/ residents to HKG know exactly where they stand.

Here in the UK, the rules about Tier 4 lockdown are VERY clear, ‘stay at home’ unless you have one a very few reasons to travel. Sadly, the airlines and authorities are in part complicit in rules being broken as going on holiday is not a reason to travel out of a tier 4 zone. Yet passengers/families are able to travel within Tier 4 to Heathrow and board jets to holiday destinations without being challenged.

In typical British fashion a group of skiers do a midnight escape from Verbier to escape a 10 day quarantine.

Well done the Scilly Isles though for refusing entry to a group of British tourists who wrongly travelled within a tier 4 zone to reach a point of departure.

I accept the economy needs to function, but I also respect the lockdown rules which are there to keep us all safe, need to be maintained.

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls