Hong Kong Airlines A330-200 (London config.) Club Premier

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarthaGeorge1
    Participant

Lounge: No1 Traveller lounge at the north terminal, Gatwick. It’s not invite only, anyone can book and pay, but seems nice, & was quite quiet. Choice of buffet/snacks, and a business centre. Not massive so not sure what would be like if very busy. There’s an express spa, & HK Airlines passengers get a free treatment, but I didn’t have time for this.
    Terminal was really quiet, no queues anywhere – there’s a fast track security but didn’t need it this time. I think the 9.30 to HK is the last flight from the terminal.

Seating: Club Premier – full flatbeds in a staggered 1-2-1. Comfortable, good seating positions for eating, working etc, storage for shoes & enough room for books & mags etc.
    I slept pretty well with the bed made up with an undermattress, duvet & pillow. Only drawbacks, it’s fairly narrow at the feet, and the cabin temperature was too hot come bedtime.
    I’d guess the far-window seats are a little more private, & not so close to anyone passing along the aisle.

Service: very friendly and attentive, a little bit fussy and slow, but they can’t do enough for you. Soft drinks before takeoff (though maybe you can ask for something stronger). Seemed quite a long time after takeoff before drinks and dinner service – which was good but again takes time, so taking off at 9.30pm meant well after midnight by time eaten. They bring you slippers, pyjamas and a Bulgari amenity bag, and make up your bed whenever you’re ready.
    There’s a little stand-up bar in the middle of the Premier cabin, but didn’t try it out.
    Overall as pleasant as I’d hope a 12hr overnight flight to be.

IFE: I like the 15 inch screens, good picture and noise-cancelling headsets; managed to find a couple of films that were tolerable! 30 ‘recent’ (ish) Hollywood movies, plus classics, international etc. No complaints.

Food: generally all rather good. Nice smoked salmon, then asparagus soup. Then I had the 35 day aged beef; surprisingly tasty with ginger carrots and a kind of caper-raisin tapenade. Good choice of wines including French and Chilean. I ordered cheese to follow but it never arrived.
    Fresh fruit, cereal and hot dishes including congee at breakfast a couple of hours before landing in HK. They ask you if you want to be woken for breakfast. You could sleep right through instead, but as that flight arrives at 6pm, not a good idea. Avoid the coffee!

Luggage: HK airline staff pull all the luggage off the carousel; so look for the uniforms to find your bag.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls