Honeymoon suggestions ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions, some really good ideas there that I would never have thought of. Our whole family is getting together this weekend in Monaco to watch the Grand Prix so we are going to have a lot to talk about.

Once again my thanks
    CP

Charles-P
    Participant

This was discussed at length over the weekend and my son and his wife to be have asked me to pass on their thanks for all the great suggestions. The Everest base camp idea from MartynSinclair was seized upon with much enthusiasm and my son is already investigating this in greater detail. The various African destinations were also of interest and these are now also being looked at (somewhat embarrassingly I come from Africa and didn’t suggest it myself !).

Some great South American suggestions from ‘InTheAir’, in particular the climbing in Chile which I understand was something they had both heard of but were not sure about.

All in all the discussions made up for Lewis Hamilton not doing so well at the GP (we were guests of Mercedes so the atmosphere afterwards there was a little muted) and once again I thank all those who took the time to offer ideas.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If I can help with more suggestions with Southern Africa Charles, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Closer to home, as they like both action holidays plus a bit of the beach, how about Lake Garda and the Dolomites in northern Italy. It really is glorious.

icenspice
    Participant

A message to the poster who thought my contribution was inappropriate: please explain why? This is the second time recently I have been reported for no good reason.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Charles-P

I have been fascinated by Everest since I was very young. In 2017, you buy can your way up to the summit, but as most know, once there, you have only completed 50% of the journey. More climbers die on the way down, than on their way up…

I have two primary travel objectives on my travel “bucket list”…

One of them is my “Everest summit..” – to sleep for one night on the mountain itself… Advanced base Camp.

The World’s Highest Trek – Mount Everest Advance Base Camp

This for me would be very very special. I am only, nearly 56 & there many more senior people than my age, who have summited the mountain. For me, my

summit would be advanced based camp…. & I could think of no where more special to spend a honeymoon in the outdoors than on Mt. Everest…. but on the mountain itself….. advanced base camp.

Charles-P
    Participant

@MartynSinclair – although I am a keen hill walker I have never had the fascination with mountaineering that you clearly do. As I mentioned my son is very much like you and has already climbed a number of the major US peaks when he was at university in America.

I do however find the stories around the early attempts on Everest to be of great interest with of course the famous Mallory and Irvine climb and the continued speculation regarding the success or not.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Charles-P, I must confess the highest “peak” I’ve scaled is Ben Nevis, hence why I am not given any encouragement by my family to take my fascinating adventure, further than You Tube or the tour guide websites.. :((

Charles-P
    Participant

@MartynSinclair Ben Nevis is quite impressive and a fair old hike, well done to you.

Coincidentally I read recently that Ben Nevis had been owned by the same family since around the 18th Century and it was sold to a trust a few years ago for a valuation much lower than many thought it was worth to ensure it remained open to all. When the owner was asked why he had not sold it for more he replied,
    “Because it was the right thing to do”

Lovely.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Charles-P, this just came into my inbox. I have not used the services of this firm for any travel, but thought you and your son / daughter in law (to be) may find it interesting…

http://www.accessnepaltour.com/everest-base-camp-trek-3/

Shine
    Participant

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines. We stayed in an Airbnb place called “Aetas Glamping” and they have the best customer service, food and place to relax. Well you might think “Oh we’re on a honeymoon we want to splurge on it”, but trust me, they are better-way better than we’ve stayed in Apulit Island, El Nido Resorts. If you’re into budget to mid-range preference, go for this Aetas Glamping. This, you will experience a traditional Filipino hospitality and culture. Check them out! Elaine, the host has a great reputation in Airbnb website!

Charles-P
    Participant

MartynSinclair – thanks very much, I will take a look and pass it on

Shine – thank you for that suggestion, most kind.

peter19
    Participant

Another suggestion which is on my list hopefully for the future is an arctic expedition – Something like quark expeditions. That would be about on budget. It wouldn’t give you the luxury some may look for on a honeymoon but it would be an adventure and absolutely amazing scenery. I can reference some you tube videos if required from some vloggers.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls