Ho Chi Minh arrivals on UK Passport

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• first_class_please
    Participant

Has anybody arrived SGN recently on a UK Passport?

I am told no longer any need for any type of visa / e-visa for a stay up to 15 days.

Just arrive and immigration? Separate queue for those that don’t need any visa?

Don`t want to end up queuing for hours as I don’t have whatever I need. Also, any idea how long the process is, should I look to pay for meet and assist?

Thanks.

PointyMark
    Participant

When I arrived in Vietnam in August I queued for ‘visa on arrival’ to then be told UK passports don’t need a visa for up to 15 days stay. We joined normal (slow) immigration queue and got through without issue.

1 user thanked author for this post.

goalie11
    Participant

I also went through recently at SGN and no visa required for stays up to 15 days with UK passport. Queues not a problem as they were quite efficient. Make sure you have your itinerary to hand with outbound flight. If you want to leave and then return within 30 days of departure you will need a visa, which I will need next time.

This may help https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/vietnam/entry-requirements

BPP
    Participant

The ‘Visa Waiver’ scheme for UK (and other nationals’ is renewed on an annual basis and is currently in operaton.
    There are restrictions as previously noted – full info on the ‘Vietnam Embassy’ website. Don’t get conned by the ‘lookalikes’ asking for your money!
    BPP

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was in Hanoi recently and confirm no visa was required.

I also recall, if flying in on Vietnam Airways, you could use a special fast track line – however – the arrivals hall was empty….

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=904134]I was in Hanoi recently and confirm no visa was required.

I also recall, if flying in on Vietnam Airways, you could use a special fast track line – however – the arrivals hall was empty….[/quote]

They have the Skyteam fast track lane, when i was KLM platinum used to flash my card even if was flying CX in, they only told me off once!

Tramor01
    Participant

Working with an Vietnamese ecommerce agency I travel back and forth to Hanoi and HCM City quite often. The system for visa free entry into Vietnam has been in operation for more than two years now
    This is the official notice from the VN embassy in London setting out the entry terms

Until 30 June 2021, visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens with passport having at least six-month validity travelling to Viet Nam for up to 15 days for all purposes.
    The 15-day visa exemption is for single entry only and includes the date of entry and the date of exit. (Please note that some airlines may require proof of duration of stay at check-in).
    You must have a visa before entering Viet Nam if you want to stay longer than 15 days.
    If you wish to enter Viet Nam at least two consecutive times without visa, the next entry must be at least 30 days after the previous exit. Otherwise, you still need a visa.

There is a fast track lane for Sky Team airline members – but it’s “technically” restricted to premium level members or business class travellers

first_class_please
    Participant

Thank you all.

I will be arriving Vietnam Airlines Business class from Bangkok so all seems good.

midorosan2
    Participant

Unless of course you have the amazing APEC card which gives visa free entry to all participating Pacific Rim countries.

first_class_please
    Participant

All was fairly smooth, although no business class or sky priority lane on arrival.

There was on return and the departure formalities were just a few minutes.

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=906103]All was fairly smooth, although no business class or sky priority lane on arrival.

There was on return and the departure formalities were just a few minutes.[/quote]

the sky priority on arrival is to the left side and the screen rotates between Asean/Apec and sky

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls