HKG lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

A top tip for those of us, unfortunate enough not to have access to one of CX’s fine lounge.

I was dismayed at how an airport with HKG’s reputation had a complete dearth of a normal pub like drinking establishment.
    I’ve now discovered O’Leary’s , just behind and above “The Bridge” at the end of the 1st concourse.

No more, drinking whilst others around you munch away on garlic saturated grub in Pizza Express

3 users thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=929789] I was dismayed at how an airport with HKG’s reputation had a complete dearth of a normal pub like drinking establishment. ….. I’ve now discovered O’Leary’s , just behind and above “The Bridge” at the end of the 1st concourse. [/quote]

Hello Canucklad, I know you won’t mind in the least when I give my viewpoint that we shouldn’t be dismayed, this is Hong Kong, and that’s a slightly western-focused idea! — There are plenty of places in Hong Kong airport to eat quite good Chinese food … much more relevant from a local viewpoint … anyway thanks for the tip about O’Leary’s, I’ll try it out, and cheers!

stevescoots
    Participant

The Regal Hotel attached to T1 also has some very good resturants if you arrive at the airport early and do not want to go airside. Chinese, Japanese and western

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Virgin Upper pax – do they get access to the full Plaza lounge or do they need to pre pay for the Elevated Lounge experience?

Presume with VS there is no other options in HKG…

Montysaurus
    Participant

The Regal at HKG is good.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi Martyn:

I think Virgin offer the Plaza first lounge at HKG, or at least they did late last year. They’re known for changing everything often, but you may well still be in luck.
    I think their old clubhouse is now the Amex Centurion Lounge.
    Having visited the Bridge, Deck and Pier (F), over the last week, I still rate these very highly – if you can stick to OW.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls