HKG lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

• Blanicka
    Participant

I was in HKG a few weeks ago and tried The Wing First Class, which I really enjoyed. I was there at breakfast time and their restaurant served very good food.

On the return journey we had a night flight and decided to do some lounge hopping. We went to The Pier First Class to check if there was any space for a massage, but all slots were booked up so we decided to have a snack and drink instead. Then we visited the Centurion, which is quite small but the food there was very tasty. We also went to the Bridge lounge but it was very busy.

Last year we visited the Deck and it was my favourite as both time we visited it, it was quiet with a great service.

I love HKG airport as their lounges are all very good!

1 user thanked author for this post.

JDTraveller
    Participant

Thank you all for the advice. Looking forward to trying out a few of the options while over there, final question, is there anywhere to buy discounted Airport Express tickets online, or in the UK that are actually legitimate? Many of the site just don’t look trustworthy.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[quote quote=925808]Thank you all for the advice. Looking forward to trying out a few of the options while over there, final question, is there anywhere to buy discounted Airport Express tickets online, or in the UK that are actually legitimate? Many of the site just don’t look trustworthy.[/quote]

I’ve used Klook before, although not for Airport Express tickets. There are some good discounts to be had there.

Klook.com

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=925808]….is there anywhere to buy discounted Airport Express tickets online, or in the UK that are actually legitimate? Many of the site just don’t look trustworthy.[/quote]

To be honest I wouldn’t buy them there myself, as the full fare for one adult one-way from to the airport to Central is just HK$115 or about 11 quid. (Just my personal take on it of course).

MS
    Participant

I was shown around during the soft launch of the lounge – apart from the a la carte dining, the atmosphere is just like any other Plaza Premium lounge.

It used to be $HK200 – Who uses the First lounge anyway?

https://www.plazapremiumfirst.com/upgrade?utm_source=edm&utm_medium=Emarsys&utm_campaign=ppgregularedm

w8ster
    Participant

have not tried Centurion.. Premium Plaza is fine but not special.

Personally, I would stick to CX lounges and my favourite is The Bridge. I usually go to quieter section if I want to have some quiet time working and thats the side with showers. If I fancy a drink or coffee, the other side of it has a long bar with service and have your choice of bubbles or espresso.

If departing near Gate 1, 2 or 3 The Wing upstairs is awesome.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=925808]Thank you all for the advice. Looking forward to trying out a few of the options while over there, final question, is there anywhere to buy discounted Airport Express tickets online, or in the UK that are actually legitimate? Many of the site just don’t look trustworthy.[/quote]

don’t worry about buying anything online.. its cheap and easy at arrival.. otherwise if you are flying CX, I think they sill sell them (with slight discount) inflight duty free. you will still have to go to the counter at arrival to get the actual ticket.

at arrival, I suggest getting the airport express ticket just before you get out into the main arrival hall (after luggage claim) usually shorter queue than outside.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

Why pay HK$115 when you can get the same ticket for HK$75?

https://www.klook.com/activity/71-airport-express-hong-kong

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=928782]Why pay HK$115 when you can get the same ticket for HK$75?

https://www.klook.com/activity/71-airport-express-hong-kong[/quote]

Why pay HK$115 instead of HK$75? Speaking just for myself, that is only a HK$40 (about US$5) difference, and I do not want to enter my credit card details into a site which might conceivably be questionable – some reviewers on Tripadvisor question whether Klook is reliable: there was also mention of a possible third party data breach incident – correct or not, to me personally that is not worth a US$5 saving. Of course other people will think it’s fine. But not me.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[quote quote=928814]

Why pay HK$115 instead of HK$75? Speaking just for myself, that is only a HK$40 (about US$5) difference, and I do not want to enter my credit card details into a site which might conceivably be questionable – some reviewers on Tripadvisor question whether Klook is reliable: there was also mention of a possible third party data breach incident – correct or not, to me personally that is not worth a US$5 saving. Of course other people will think it’s fine. But not me.[/quote]

You don’t need to enter your credit card details if you’re worried about that. You can use PayPal or other payment methods. It may only be HK$40 off but it’s a third off the normal price every time you travel, which mounts up.

I’ve used Klook before without problems and don’t see why it’s different to buying anything else online.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=928821] You don’t need to enter your credit card details if you’re worried about that. You can use PayPal or other payment methods. It may only be HK$40 off but it’s a third off the normal price every time you travel, which mounts up…. I’ve used Klook before without problems and don’t see why it’s different to buying anything else online.[/quote]

OK, and thanks very much for the information.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=928814]

Why pay HK$115 instead of HK$75? Speaking just for myself, that is only a HK$40 (about US$5) difference, and I do not want to enter my credit card details into a site which might conceivably be questionable – some reviewers on Tripadvisor question whether Klook is reliable: there was also mention of a possible third party data breach incident – correct or not, to me personally that is not worth a US$5 saving. Of course other people will think it’s fine. But not me.[/quote]

One of the great Revolut’s features is the disposable virtual card: perfect for this kind of situations!

Montysaurus
    Participant

The Wing, the Pier, the Deck or the Bridge – which is the best Business Class lounge in HKG?

w8ster
    Participant

I like The Bridge and the Wing best. particularly if you want a nice view with your glass of bubbles or espresso.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=929417]The Wing, the Pier, the Deck or the Bridge – which is the best Business Class lounge in HKG?[/quote]

I would vote for The Bridge due to the fact that it has multiple different zones and probably the widest choice of food options (for instance, there is a bakery serving oven-fresh breads and pizzas). Many people only seem to explore the zone to the right of the reception area (as you approach), so the left hand side is often quieter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls