HK bans all Uk flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Stevescoots
    Participant

Just heard Hk has banned all passenger arrivals from UK, even HKID holders until Jan 6th. The wording of the report is somewhat vague but does imply no transit passengers either and there is no date of review. I have a flight to SGN via HKG on CX Jan 2nd/3rd. quarantine , government docs all paid for in VN and now looks like I have to bin the lot as probably too short time to change it all to EK or QR, assuming they do not cancel Uk flights as well. Anybody out there heard anything else?

Woodpecker
    Participant

Stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1070792][/postquote]

Just heard from friends at CX all UK flights suspended until Jan 10th

FormerBA
    Participant

The world takes control of our border!
    Who new that sovereign nations in the EU could control their own borders?

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1071237]Who [k]new that sovereign nations in the EU could control their own borders?[/quote]

We are not in the EU – we left last January. Those of us who did not not support Brexit knew that sovereignty in this connected world does not mean very much anyway.

FormerBA
    Participant

Thanks for correcting my spelling I cant edit as far as I am aware.

Yes we have left left but we were told repeatedly that leaving would return control of our borders, laws and money.

It seem that borders were perhaps not outwith our control all along

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1071646][/postquote]

Surely controlling our borders is about what we let in? Other countries are controlling their borders, not ours.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1071667]Surely controlling our borders is about what we let in? Other countries are controlling their borders, not ours.[/quote]

Yes – but we were not part of Schengen, even when we were in the EU. Neither were we in the Eurozone, so we controlled our own money. Yes, as part of the “Club” in which we had a say in them, we had to accept EU regulations but we will need to accept WTO rules in our new “sovereignty” anyway.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1071646][/postquote]

No really sure what you are talking about here, but we are controlling our own border. UK has decided not to impose additional entry restrictions at this point.

If you are referring to other countries stopping UK citizens from entering that is not a UK Border issue.

We have always had a degree of control due to being outside Schengen.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls