Hilton Hotel, Paris.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

• wilson3
    Participant

Thank you Abodache for the information. Perhaps the Pullman by the Eiffel Tower will return to Hilton soon!! Perhaps Hilton takes the view that they would rather do business in London than Paris.

judynagy
    Participant

What terrible news about the Arc dT Hilton, we had the most sublime stay there two years ago, I would have given the place 9 stars and would have booked there again on my next trip to Paris. Now that new InterContinental looks pretty enticing.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hilton AdT a few years ago; the staff couldn’t do enough to help!

Not really a shame it has left Hilton as it is more than capable of standing on its own two feet and would probably feel more comfortable as (another) Intercontinental or even possibly a Ritz-Carlton.

Ab0dache
    Participant

It cannot be a Ritz-Carlton as Marriot has an agreement with The Ritz Hotel in Paris (and possibly in London) that the name Ritz cannot be used in countries like France where it has already an hotel.
    But good to know this is a good place where to stay if you can afford it.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Interesting.

I suppose they could use their Autograph Collection branding, as they have done for the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas (though that’s hardly R-C standard).

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/

wilson3
    Participant

I hope that Hilton can secure another central Paris Hotel soon. Does anyone have any news in this regard?

jjlasne
    Participant

Love that! Ghetto-burbia. You can add burqa in the middle. May I use it whilst blogging about the thirdworldisation and islamisation of – formerly – advanced Western societies?

wilson3
    Participant

I see that Hilton are opening 3 Doubletree Hotels in Bristol, Nottingham and Edinburgh…………..but still nothing in Central Paris.

wilson3
    Participant

I see that Hilton are opening 3 Doubletree Hotels in Bristol, Nottingham and Edinburgh…………..but still nothing in Central Paris.

Ab0dache
    Participant

Hi wilson3,

I have not read anything about Hilton getting a new hotel in central Paris.

I believe Hilton does not want to own the building to manage an hotel inside it. The parisian market lacks of competition regarding hotel rooms. The building estates companies are only interested in offices buildings. They say that’s their strategy and the revenue is better from offices rental fees. With all of that thinking, there are hundreds of office buildings in Paris waiting to be rented for years and years (sometimes more than 10 or even 20 years), and in very nice locations of Paris.
    The managers of such companies are paid anyway if they rent the buildings or not. Why would they change their minds to say we have empty buildings there, let’s change it to an hotel for instance? No, no revenue is better than even a lesser revenue from an hotel. Why bother?
    All of that blocks the market.

The only recent announcement came from Starwodd Capital. Starwood Capital owns Starwood hotels and the French based company Louvre Hôtels (Campanile & Concorde). They announced the sale of two Parisian Concorde hotels to Hyatt. From april, the Concorde Lafayette is to become an Hyatt Regency and the Hotel du Louvre an Andaz (after refurbishment for that one).
    So basically most of the time, this is a change of brand instead of a new addition.

Well this will not respond to your willings to be in a Hilton in Central Paris. I will be surprised if anything happen for Hilton in the very near months.

Youy may have also noticed that France is now included in a Spain-France region within the Hilton company, and the area manager is a Spanish man. In a way, Hilton acknowledges the difficulty of doing business in France (against a kind of monopoly from Accor?). Or maybe the Spanish manager will be more efficient to find a new hotel to become an Hilton one in Central Paris. But this is going to take time because there are no more hotels available to change their name in Paris.

Are you then going to the Waldorf in Versailles (which was a former Westin)?

I don’t know if you can still hope something for now.

wilson3
    Participant

Thanks Ab0dache. Your information is very interesting and explains why Hilton is opening so many hotels in the UK and none in France. Versailles is lovely but not in a central location. I do not have to go to Paris for a break………..I just need to decide on the Hilton at Amsterdam (not the Doubletree),or the Hiltons at Venice, Prague or Florence.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

As an HHonors Diamond member I still search regularily for a Hilton in Paris mais, c’est vraie, ‘ilton ‘ave gone.
    I recently got a cracking deal at Waldorf Versailles, €160 a night with Diamond benefits, but my normal travel is outside Paris to the south or west so it suited. Some good restaurants nearby for those who can not afford the in hotel Gordon Ramsay at €193.50 + wine. I am one who would not afford that.
    Why are there no websites that recommend restaurants near to major hotels? Tripadvisor is OK, I guess.

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you don’t have status with Hilton, don’t forget to sign up for the fast track to Gold promo!

wilson3
    Participant

I am a Hilton Diamond member, like FaroFlyer & have been for many years. I will enjoy a long weekend break at another Hilton Hotel and my hard earned money will not be spent in Paris…. until a Hilton is opened again in Paris City centre..

Ab0dache
    Participant

Business traveller has interesting news now for you wilson3 and other readers:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100075/concorde-opera-paris-to-rebrand-as-hilton-hotel

The last – in a convenient, nice and central location – Concorde hotel to be sold.

Still some months probably before it opens under the Hilton brand.

The area around the Saint-Lazare station and the hotel is in its last stage of improvements. Works lasted for three years now.

A walking distance to lots of popular sights indeed, and not far from the Roissybus service to CDG and its arrival/departure stop at Opéra.

The bulding is not very big. One can wonder how many rooms Hilton is about to propose in this hotel.

This is the last big hotel for sale inside Paris. Hilton could not let its chance going. This is the quickest way to come back downtown Paris.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls