Hilton HHonors

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

mkcol74
    Participant

Hilton Gold or Diamond?

I’m currently gold & could easily attain diamond with some strategic switching of stays. What I’m failing to understand is the extra benefit obtained – I see you (will) get high speed WiFi where offered & an extra 25% bonus on base points. There are some other “subject to availability” benefits.

Have I missed something? Is diamond really worth chasing?

Tramor01
    Participant

I’m Diamond ….At Hilton/Conrad you get Executive Floor access regardless of room type booked……. that is assuming they have an executive floor 😉
    Can be worth having at some locations

sparkyflier
    Participant

What peeves me about Hilton , is that not once in the past few months and quite a few stays, that I been asked my opinion and feedback of any stay there.

But following nearly all of my stays at IHG group hotels, I have been asked, and I have been happy to respond.

Which tells that Hilton simply does not care what I think and how my stay went.

mkcol74
    Participant

@Tramor01 Good point, thanks. I was unaware of that benefit.

goalie11
    Participant

I’ve been Diamond for the last 11 years and the Executive Lounge access has been a real benefit, there are some very good ones here in the UK and also in Europe and Australia. The U.S. ones are quite poor. Where they don’t have lounges you usually always get vouchers for free drink as a compensation.

In addition, I have always been upgraded to Executive floor or the best Deluxe rooms where there is no Executive floor.

Spark flyer – I think we are all used to online surveys these days but they do have in the rooms survey forms to complete and where I have given feedback they have always contacted me by email or telephone.

leBaulois
    Participant

The benefits depend on the Hilton brand you stay at. At the lower end, you have complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks waiting in your room; you may be offered Executive Floor with lounge access; even possibly an upgrade to a suite when available (even if you’ve booked a regular room and at a Hilton Resort, that is a sweet deal!)

Abidjan
    Participant

Outside of the US (poor offerings, so matters little), it’s all about the guaranteed Exec level/lounge access. Hard to beat.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I no longer try and maintain Gold, and in fact have gone all the way back to Blue, as it’s really not worth it. I tend anyway to book the executive rooms so get lounge access with free breakfast. I don’t get free WiFi outside the lounge and with most hotels now offering it for free throughout the hotel it’s making Hilton outmoded and the reason I’ve almost stopped using them.

I do have 450,000 points to use up though!

peter19
    Participant

I used to find gold was not bad and often got the upgrades but if you think its within reach to diamond then it could be worth it. Do it for a year and if you don’t hit status in your next membership year least you will get gold the following year.

LP, Hilton are now rolling out free Wifi to all properties for any Hilton Hhonors Members. It’s an expectation now and to pay usually an inflated fee I too am put off any hotel that doesn’t have it now.

skywards
    Participant

I’m sure I was reading that Hilton have their fast tracks promotion on at the minute which includes Diamond. Gold is the normal 4 separate stays within 90 nights and Diamond is 10 separate stays within 90 nights. This would give you status until March 2017. I’m not sure if points or points + cash would qualify as part of the fast tracks promotion?.

Raffles99
    Participant

Even reward nights count towards fast track.

mkcol74
    Participant

@Skywards That’s interesting the Diamond fast track. Any idea how to grab that, as I may not need to change (m)any stays to qualify? Thanks.

GrahamSmith

And there’s a double points/miles promo until the end of August:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101720/hilton-restarts-double-your-hhonors-promo

DanielRawson
    Participant

They also give you comp breakfast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls