Hilton Hhonors Status match

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

rferguson
    Participant

Hi folks,

Could be of interest to some of you –

https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/

Hilton is doing a status match up until end of June.

ba747fan1
    Participant

An absolute joke for those who are loyal to a brand and then they give it away. Bye Bye Hilton.

mkcol74
    Participant

@rferguson Thanks – I’d forgotten to share that on here. I got my HHonors diamond by them matching my Accor Platinum last year. Have just asked them to do the same & extend by a year to March 2018. We’ll see.

@ba747fan1 Fine, if you’re going to cut off your nose to spite your face – don’t bother taking advantage of something being given freely. Your loss.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst I wouldn’t throw the card away, I have to say, I would also be a little miffed if showed loyalty to a brand for so many years (SPG & BA) and all of a sudden top tiers were being given away foc…

..and please fellow posters, I have never seen a link to a free SPG Plat card, I am sure one exists, but I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT :))

mkcol74
    Participant

@MartynSinclair Then definitely do not look at http://statusmatcher.com/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

at least they make it a challenge… whatever that means…

PatJordan
    Participant

canucklad
    Participant

And once again Pat I salute you. : )

And ba747fan I feel your sense of injustice, yet at the same time I’m not apologetic for taking advantage of the match.
    I’ve reached or rather,realized that companies just don’t give a damn about us as individuals ,their main focus is 2 colours . Black and Red

And like any game of roulette,there are winners and losers .And because IHG have for a long time taken my loyalty for granted ,thanks to Pat Hilton and their cookies are winning me over.

rferguson
    Participant

I’m with you canucklad.

I have Star Alliance Gold status via an airline i’ve never stepped foot on. Same with Skyteam. And Etihad.

Is it right? Probably not. Definitely not in the eyes of the top tier flyers of those airlines that spend big to achieve top tiers. But one would be a fool to not take advantage of the status match when they make it so easy!

ba747fan1
    Participant

I don’t disagree with people taking advantage of! I just think it is poor of Hhonors – especially to March 2018 as I do not get that without earning the stays / nights this year. A challenge is fairer. Or I did do a Club Carlson match but they would only do to gold as they saif to be top tier you have to earn and I understand that.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Happy to stick with my Accor Platinum, that offers hotels at every level and represented Worldwide.
    Having purchased Raffles, Fairmont, and Swissotel, and a stake in a major apartment leasing Company last week, their choice will just get even better as these are integrated.
    Their miles can go to all the major Airlines, and for Flying blue they currently have x2/3/4/5 points for each stay until end May.

I always get double upgrades, benefits of gifts, drinks, and early / late check outs Worldwide. They never fail, and building up good relationships with regular hotels always helps.! The rapid expansion in Australia, and Asia (Pullman and So-Sofitel), offer greater ranges, choice, benefits, All very modern brands and venues, huge investment being made at each, Other Programs have very tired and dated hotels, and a poor choice once you leave their top tier of a few brands 2-5 star.

Happy where i am, but thank you for the offer being enabled for us all.

No other program could tempt me, especially with the largest European group, and a fast modern choice of 18 brands, worldwide. Perhaps Hilton are better for The Americas, but they are not my directions of long haul travel.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls