Hilton: Free Web Access For HHonors Gold & Diamond Members

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Just announced:

Exciting News About Your HHonors Benefits

Hilton Worldwide is pleased to announce that beginning September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond HHonors members will receive complimentary high-speed internet access during their stay at all 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.

As a Diamond [or Gold] member, you don’t have to do anything except enjoy your complimentary high speed internet at all your future stays with Hilton Worldwide.

We hope you enjoy your free high-speed internet access.

Thank you for your loyalty,

Jeffrey Diskin
    Senior Vice President, Customer Marketing
    Hilton Worldwide

This development would therefore appear to supercede the existing published benefit options for VIP members:

http://tinyurl.com/3a7brwg

If BT readers who are also Gold & Diamond HHonors members already have free web pre-selected in their profile, then it would appear to make sense to swap your choice into another amenity immediately as your web access is a given. The above link takes you to the VIP On-Property Benefits page from where you can sign in and amend your profile.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Thanks for the info…
    Good to hear a major hotel group making a positive move, when actually many of the benefits of the frequent guest programs have been reduced, as have Airline miles earning, & spending values.

I noted that some of the Accor groups that i renewed my platinum for this year, have also drastically reduced their fees for internet access.
    In Amsterdam the M Gallery /Convent Hotel, reduced to 10 Euros. The Ibis Centre Staion (a great refurbished new model Ibis, with 1/4 of the rooms overlooking the harbour & over Centraal station), reduced it from 22Euros per 24 hrs, to E 3.95 now!
    This followed many complaints i was told.

If more hotel groups did this, it would create a greater sense of respect & loyalty, & every saving counts for business or individuals in hard times.

Be interesting to see who follows & if they do…

Be interesting for BT to make a survey of all the major hotel groups now, to see what is being charged & what changes have been made in recent months. Our feedback can change policies if it is consistent & has enough making the same reasonable comments…?

NTarrant
    Participant

I too am pleased to see this, thankfully I am a Gold Hilton but I feel sorry for those of the lower tiers. Their rates are high compared to other hotels £15.00 is a lot for if you only want to check your emails or checkin on line.

Binman62
    Participant

We really should not be grateful for this type of marketing hyperbole.
    Hotels charging £10-15 a day for wi fi is a disgrace when you have paid £150 + for a room…often without breakfast. Smaller hotels even the low costs arms of big chains already provide free unlimited access.

Access to the internet is not a luxury any longer, it is an essential component for living in the modern world and as such, it should be free.

NTarrant
    Participant

Actually Binman you are quite right. The cost of providing wi-fi is now very low. I like the Radisson which makes no charge. I don’t mind paying at lower priced hotels such as HIE if you can have a flexable scheme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls