Hilton Copenhagen

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Have just booked an additional night for September, adding to a 2 night stay booked in December, and at the end a “pop-up” told me that the Hilton Copenhagen will become a Clarion from 31st March 2017.

I am a Hilton Diamond member and my perception is that Clarion and Hilton are not in the same league. Does anybody have any experience of Clarion? Do they have exec lounges etc.?

All travel related companies have a team of marketing people that push out “good news”, but is there a website that gives out real / negative news also?

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I’ve stayed in Clarions a couple of times in Norway so maybe the offering within Scandinavia will be similar – I think this is a first outside of Norway, Sweden and Finland. All I would say is don’t get excited and think of a Premier Inn.

If you can change it I usually use the Radisson Blu Royal in Copenhagen, it’s not brilliant for the money but then nowhere in Copenhagen is. It has a good gym which is always important to me and it’s close to the station and good city transport links if you need them but Copenhagen is very walkable.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

FaroFlyer – This Hilton must be the Copenhagen airport property which is owned by the airport itself.

Nordic Choice claims to be the biggest airport hotel operator in Scandinavia. A Dkr 70 million facelift is planned for the Copenhagen property.

http://www.airport-world.com/news/general-news/6045-copenhagen-airport-to-swap-hilton-for-a-clarion-hotel.html

https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/press/news/2017/1/airport-hotel-major-upgrade-and-new-name/

It seems the international companies are losing out to locally-based hotel chains.

Hilton Copenhagen Airport Leaves Chain On April 1, 2017

esselle
    Participant

Clarion have a stable of brands operating at different market levels.

Choice is their premium brand and my view is that it will operate at a higher standard than the Hilton at CPH.

Tramor01
    Participant

I’m a fairly frequent user of the Hilton at CPH so the move to Clarion is bad news for me.
    I guess now I’ll have to switch to the Marriott in town.
    I wonder how much business it will loose from non-Nordic/Scandinavian customers unfamiliar with the Clarion brand?

Abidjan
    Participant

Bad news, indeed. Always a favorite of mine.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

The hotel reservation staff have repled to my request for information about HHonors Diamond benefits and, as expected, they do not yet know what to say as it has not been agreed.

I notice that no Clarion hotels have an Exec lounge, and that was always the big attraction of this hotel. If you just want a clean hotel on the trainline in to Copenhagen there is the Park Inn, which I have used a couple of times.

Historically, my reason for Hilton CPH was that I could arrive late PM stay overnight then drive or fly to AAR or AAL, have meetings and return for another overnight then move on next day.

For the last 2 or 3 years I have found the Hilton CPH to be very expensive, like everything in Denmark, so have been flying to HAM and staying at either the Radisson or the Courtyard, which is really a Marriott, without lounge and room service. I rent a car and drive to Jutland which gives me more flexibility, and is considerably cheaper than the CPH option.

I am still disappointed at the change of Hilton as they have a few excellent airport hotels, such as FRA. I am looking forward to trying MUC Hilton soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls