Helsinki/Finnair

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hello,

I am considering booking a LON>Helsinki>BKK in business (Qatar was surprisingly more expensive).

If i buy liquids in London, will I be able to carry them on board? or is there a security check when transferring in Helsinki?

Also, the layover is Helsinki is 1h45mn. Will I be able to enjoy the lounge or too tight?

Thanks for your advise.

Markku
    Participant

Hi!

Transfer @ HEL from UK to Asia is absolutely easy.

There is no need for additional security check. Just disembark straight to the long-haul departures lounge for your next destination.

You have at least 1 hr for business lounge/Finnish sauna experience.

Enjoy!

esselle
    Participant

I thought Finnair closed the saunas in their lounge years ago?

Markku
    Participant

Dear esselle,

Yes, you are correct regarding the Finnair Spa and four different types of saunas (with a small pool).

Now-a-days in this very same space is Finnair Premium Lounge and next to it shower suites and new Finnish sauna for all lounge guests to enjoy.

Brgds

TimothyTanks
    Participant

Markku is right. No additional security checks while transiting from London to Asia via Finnair. I flew from London to Singapore in May 2017 via Helsinki on Finnair. The arrival gate for flights from London at Helsinki airport was at the international departure area of the airport. Departure gates to Asia were next to the Finnair lounge during my flights in May.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Sorry to disagree, but there IS an additional security check. However, duty-free in London will put liquids in a tamper-proof bag, so there will be no problem

I have never seen anyone in the sauna!

Nogbad01
    Participant

No extra security coming from UK. I did MAN-HEL-ICN in July and walked straight off the aircraft into the departure area.
    On the return flight there was a security check before the departure area.
    If you get the A350 its very nice.

nmtraveller
    Participant

Thanks all. Some contradictory information… Overall I think it’s best if I avoid any purchase at Heathrow then…

Nogbad01–> I will have a mix of A350 and A330 on the avrious segments so I will have the chance to experience all the formats 🙂

1nfrequent
    Participant

There isn’t an additional security check on the LHR-HEL journey but there will be on your BKK-HEL return. The security check is very efficient though and the security staff perfectly courteous. I was very impressed with my transit experience through HEL last month.

Hope you have a good trip – be interested to hear your thoughts on the A350.

1F

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls