Help – NHS Covid passport for US citizen?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• toonfan62
    Participant

Going crazy trying to work out how or if I can get proof of vaccination (and negative lateral flow) so I can go see my beloved Newcastle Jan 15.

Scheduled to land Jan 14, will take on arrival PCR (and now LF) tests with same day results. As I read it ONLY the NHS passport will be accepted to get to the game but as a (now) US citizen I cannot get the NHS app and the QR code.?

Is there a workaround, I have my CDC vaccination card and will have e mail negative LF and PCR test?

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I think the work around will be an LFT within 24 hours before the match, but no final decision has been made. The change in this area (i.e. bringing in COVID passes) requires the approval of Parliament. This has not yet been given so the details have not yet been announced.

FormerBA
    Participant

Not sure if it will work but have a look at the German app “Corona Warn” and the French app “AntiCovid”

I know they accept the NHS Q Codes as all of Europe has adopted the same standard. It may be that your status in the USA can be converted to one of these and in tunr used in the UK to show status.

I dont know if it will work but simply putting out there as a suggestion.

Word of warning, the new variant is spreading incredible fast, and while it does not appear to be more dangerous, it may lead to higher infection levels which could impact your return to the USA if you were to be infected.

My wife and I have tested positive this week and all the NHS passes were removed automatically from the app. We are both well, have no symptoms, and are getting very mixed result on LFT tests but positive on PCR.

The risk in such circumstances of getting stuck is significant.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

BBC have news report suggesting those jabbed overseas can now use NHS app

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59605273

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Yes indeed – this is something that was promised in July and has finally been delivered. But it is only for British citizens/residents. I qualify as I was vaccinated in Ghana but I am a UK citizen and have an NHS number. I entered my postcode (in central London) to find the nearest centre where I can bring my vaccine card to be checked and the best offer was Cambridge. Hopefully a few more locations will become available in the coming days!

toonfan62
    Participant

Update: I am told by the box office at the “Theater of Despair” (aka St James’s Park) that they will accept my CDC card with my single shot J and J. I have however also scheduled a booster shot Monday as I am sure that update to the regs will happen and it’s getting close…..

2 users thanked author for this post.

jjlasne
    Participant

The minister converted my CDC vaccination into the QR health pass “tous anti-covid” in 2 weeks. It is available in English and lists the location of the vaccination with a small US flag. Now, you will have to travel to a government-certified pharmacy by taxi not far from CDG to have your CDC vaccination converted into the passe sanitaire.

agsteele
    Participant

To be able to use the NHS app and the NHS Covid Pass you need an NHS number. No number – no NHS pass. You can get an NHS number by registering as a temporary patient with any GP (Family Doctor) in Great Britain. I’m not sure about Northern Ireland.

I’m working as a vaccinator and we do this regularly. However, getting vaccine doses administered outwith the UK add to the Pass is challenging. We’ve managed it for a small number of patients but it takes a number of days.

My understanding of the new regulations is that evidence of the administration of two doses of an approved vaccine is normally through the NHS Pass but it can be any official document from an overseas administration. Whether a football club will be clued up sufficiently to recognise a certificate from, say, the USA is another matter. As others have said obtain a negative lateral flow test report in the day before the event and that should be adequate.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

There might be a way to get around. Ask for the Swiss Covid certificate using this link: https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign. It works in the UK…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls