Help! Need hotel recommendation!

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 16 Jul 2012
at 17:09

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Globalti
    Participant

I’m desperate, please help! Mrs Gti wants a holiday somewhere with a beach for our son aged 13, veggie food, clean sheets and decent AC and I want to be close to good walking and bicycle hire but well away from the ‘ere we go crowd, loud music and motorcycles buzzing up and down all night. I think Mallorca might work because lots of cycling clubs go there to train but anywhere reasonably close to an airport would do.

Having always gone on climbing holidays in Scotland I have a horror of the traditional beach holiday and have no idea where to start looking for something that’s a bit different but will still satisfy Mrs Gti.

Any suggestions?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

You mention Majorca. Our sister company work with the SonBrull (and a couple of others) Not sure if it is 100% right for you but thought might interest you as supposed to be good for cyclists as well.

http://www.discerningcollection.com/Destinations/Mallorca/Pollenca%20and%20the%20North/Son%20Brull
    http://www.sonbrull.com/indexEng.php

They certainly aren’t the ‘ere we go crowd but not right on the beach

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I would suggest, for something a bit different, Lugano. Villa Castagnola.

Great bar and restaurants, an Italian feel and certainly no “ere we go” crowds. The hotel has a Spa, swimming pool, private access to the lake and for a beach there is the Lido di Lugano.

Como is nearby for shopping and you certainly won’t be disappointed by the surrounding restaurants and other places of interest to visit.

There are flights into Lugano or Milan and the hotel can arrange to collect you from the airport.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls