Height Cuisine: Wine in the Sky

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

An interesting video setting out the differences you might experience in the air, vs. on the ground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzeuVCBzQc

pomerol
    Participant

VK

Being from the Bordeaux wine producing area, I found this very Interesting.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thank you .. a very interesting video, although I tend to keep my wine drinking for ‘ground level’. Very little alcohol in the air for me.

I’m living near Perigueux, in the Dordogne. Ideal for wine tasting.

robsmith100
    Participant

I was a little disappointed. This is just BA showing they are following through with Heston Blumenthal’s advice of tasting on the ground and in the air. They should have added to this and shown the new range of wines, that we could expect to see and try on board.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The range is certainly improved in recent months.

You can learn more about it at tastings in the Pavilion at Taste of London in Regent’s Park this weekend.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Could this thread be deleted please?

It is the same sort of advertising that VintageKrug was doing on Saturday last and his similar thread was deleted then.

As before, no one in their right mind would waste their time going to try out Height Cuisine, it’s bad enough when it’s put in front of you and you are hungry without going out looking for more.

TDGlen4
    Participant

I find this thread useful.
    I had forgotten about Regents Park this weekend .
    Thanks VK

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I hope I’m not being pedantic here, but food and wine is not consumed at 35,000′ but at 8 – 10,000′ thanks to the miracle of pressurisation!

Now, I have consumed many a bottle of Merlot (not in one go I hasten to add) with some delicious rustic bread, mountain cheeses and some locally smoked bacon at those heights on the mountains near me, and have never noticed any deteriation in flavour (or pleasure) over that imbibed at home (500′ asl)!

It would be interesting if in the event of a depressurisation some brave soul would attempt a quick swig before donning the oxygen mask and could then give us a definitive answer!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls