Heathrow: We are not “ripping off” airlines and passengers

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

I continue ti use AMS for Long Haul, especially as more and more Airlines offer services out of Schiphol, Etihad, Emirates, many of China’s Airlines, Also out of CDG more comprehensively with A380 Aircraft, such as SQ MH.

I recently looked at flights EU to Sydney return Business class with days each way stopovers. MH had fares on Business savers from CDG, rating £1,500 per seat cheaper.

Frequen looking at every cost and fare breakdown, Government tax, airport charges from LHR, travelling long haul out of these two gateways, saves me £ thousands a year. I often book at £99 return flight into the EU, offering a stop or easy connection, and the Regions of the UK are well serviced for these other gateways. LCY is also really useful, and a pleasure to depart or arrive to connect into London for long haul, such a low key exit and arrival.

I resent the attitudes at LHR, the rudeness, and complacency of many aspects of the airport, its traffic management, and predictable time is sucks out out of your journey. We pay around £14 for security there…do you think this is worthwhile for the service we get?

LHR remains one of the most expensive to fly out of in the world, and rips of the Airlines as well as us as individuals.

I do not support businesses who operate in this way, simple, as i do not professionally. There has to be a balance and remembering we are customers, who have a choice and we pay fees.
    I exercise mine…elsewhere.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls