Heathrow Terminal 3 drop-off / pick-up

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• TiredOldHack
    Participant

NTarrant – so all a terrorist has to do is stick a vinyl sign on the vehicle saying “Bin Laden Minicabs”.

It’s security theatre, not real security.

NTarrant
    Participant

TOH – I’m not saying I agree with it all, just offering a logical explanation for why things are as they are.

I think you are right about it being a security theatre.

d1rector
    Participant

I find all these posts – especially the earlier ones – very British. I have never had a problem. Driver meets me with a nameboard; I follow him to his car in the car park and we leave. No police problems. No admin hassle (BAA is not customer friendly). Does not take too long or much effort, really.

Jadders
    Participant

£3.50p to pick-up at terminal 2 LHR 15/06/15, 0-30 mins.

Sunshine123
    Participant

Terminal 2 Heathrow has signs Pick up and Drop off. As you approach Car Park the sign says Drop off and Short Stay Park. I drove into the Drop Off and Picked up family members. I stayed in the car. Will I get a fine in post? If yes how can I appeal and on what grounds? It was my first time and I found the signs confusing. Why didn’t the sign on entrance to Term2 clearly say ‘ No Pick Up. Park in Short Stay Car Park to Pick Up only’. Its really a trap for people who are not used to visiting Heathrow. It was my first time that I had visited since Term2 opened. Please help. Thanks

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I have a mini-cab pick me up from LHR T3 roughly every fortnight and mostly about 21:30 on a Sunday night- always the same firm. For the last few months, most of the drivers have insisted I go to the car park rather than my previous hop in with hand luggage by the Purple Valet parking booth. Some still take a chance and I haven’t had any reports of them being fined – although they sit outside the airport and only pull in when I confirm I’m there and ready.
    All the drivers have a similar story about one of their colleagues who was fined for picking up – but I’ve never actually met this unlucky driver.
    I’m charged £3.50 for their car park ticket, which they advise gives 30 minutes in the car park.
    I tend to think that if you jump in as soon as the car arrives, almost without stopping, then neither the police nor the cameras will record a violation – but don’t give your driver my name if he receives a fine!
    How about Uber drivers – anyone know what they do?

Jadders
    Participant

I found the same problem, ended up at the entry gate to car park T2 after following pick up signs, no mention of payment that I could see. Only found out about fines possible when I spoke to car park security.

Sunshine123
    Participant

I sent a feedback to BAA and their manager of CAR Parks replied swiftly and considerately and accepted I had made a mistake. No action will follow. I would advise other drivers to park in the designated areas for security, safety and peace of mind. Thank you to Heathrow Car Park Manager.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This appears standard now across Heathrow. There is a similar thread for Terminal 5

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Heathrow-Terminal-5-passenger-pick-up

There is one exception regarding passenger pick ups in the drop off zone. If the vehicle collecting you is dropping off a passenger at the same time, the driver is allowed to collect a passenger.

The frustrating part about T5 is the drop off zone has been reduced in size by parts of the drop off zone being coned off.

Bottom line is its revenue generating for HAL…

Sunshine123
    Participant

THanks MartynSinclaire,
    If only there was transparency and clear tariff to give all users a fair policy.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls