Heathrow Terminal 1

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

While my hand luggage was swabbed yesterday at T1, I was told that to pass the time I could walk to T2 in about 10 mins without having to pass through security again. I was amazed by this piece of info. but instead of going for a visit I went to the BA lounge. I was also told by the same security guy that the last flight from the terminal would be to Hamburg ???? but he didn’t know the exact date. Do you think he was getting confused with Hannover?

Cheeryguy
    Participant

The BA website shows all T1 flights moving on the 30th June 2015 to either T5 or T3. There’s movement of all flights on that date, with quite a few LH flights moving to T3.

transtraxman
    Participant

This is the latest information about the moves at Heathrow. It seems that T1 will finally close after 30th June 2015.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/airline-moves

wowzimmer
    Participant

The security guy was absolutely right… About the connector to Terminal 2. Although funnily enough the airport doesn’t really advertise this. If you walk towards Gates B28-B49 you’ll find the shiny new corridor and escalators to the Terminal 2 Departure Lounge. It goes directly airside so one quite easily take advantage of the shops and restaurants in Terminal 2.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I don’t use T3 very much, but just curious whether all the moves in and out of T3 have made any difference to how many BA flights have bus transfer from T3 to plane? I have noticed recently while taxiing past T3, a number of BA A320s on gates where SAS used to be located, so maybe it means less I use of the BA “bus station”?

AviationGeek
    Participant

Gold-2K – 95% of BA’s flight in and out of T3 are now on a jetty. While many of the gates are a longish walk from departures / to immigration it seems to have been received well.
    With the remaining flights moving from T1 in the summer the number of remote stands used in T3 may go up again though.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls