Heathrow says border force queues are unacceptable

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100756]

It’s an example of how logistical challenges can be overcome successfully and quickly, when the need arises. If that can be done and a fleet can be made ready to sail in 48 hours, then I am sure T3 could be prepared to receive red list passengers more quickly than is currently planned.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BarelyBAGold
    Participant

I arrived from Bucharest at T2 on Friday last week and we were through immigration in 40 minutes- not at all bad for a 1720 arrival. As compared with when I arrived from Zurich 4 weeks ago – again on a Friday evening when we were 1 hour 10 minutes getting through immigration- I felt that things were much more organised with good humour and good manners from passengers and staff prevalent 👍

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100757]

I suppose a more recent example would be the Nightingale hospitals.

sleak76
    Participant

Update on heathrow queues:
    Landed at 19:55 from JFK on VS26 today Monday May 31 (bank holiday) at T2. No less than 12 border force desks open, nil person in queue so the first 12 of us have approached an open desk immediately. When exiting Customs, I did look at the arrival screen and I saw three flight landed about 60-90 minutes before us (DUB, VIE and Zagreb) and the next landing was an hour later (KL from AMS). So dare I say it but if you’re looking to come in from the US, then the VS26 service may be landing at a lull hour at T2.

TonyR
    Participant

[postquote quote=1094803]

You’d like to think that everyone would have the nous to have their paperwork ready on their phone or printed as you know you are going to need it.

I do wonder how real/frequent these queues reported in the press are. My last arrival at T2 on a long haul flight (mid June) I was through in ten minutes and not first in the queue. But there were people who turned up without paperwork or who started to rummage through their phones or bags for it only when they got to the immigration desk so held everyone up. I had blocked out the whole day to be prepared to wait based on the news report and had the pleasure of a whole day given back.

FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1103335]

The answer is simple, publish waiting times in real time and be transparent about what is happening.

Sadly I believe that the queues are very real and in part driven by the border farce who have always been pretty good about supporting the hostile environment policy and putting it into effect. Even when it impact the holders of little blue passports. Covid is just another reason and is not the sole reason.

My experience is that T5 is by some way the worst terminal for queues.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls