Heathrow POD parking (T5)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

For the second weekend in a row, the POD transfers are off line and transfers to and from terminal 5 are by bus. I got caught by this last weekend with a pre pay, when I made the booking there was no mention on the website. This morning however, there is a warning on the web site.

The POD parking offers a great service at a premium price. I have no issue with that, but I think it is wrong, the car park is allowed to charge full price, when the premium service is not being offered.

To be fair, last weekend I was offered a partial refund. Today, I will use another car park.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LaundryMan
    Participant

I hope your experience today was better than last week ?

GordyUK
    Participant

indeed i was caught out with this earlier in the month. Initially i was incensed and then tried to keep it in perspective at the risk of getting a bit #firstworldproblems about it. After reflection (and 3 large grey goose & tonic in the lounge), i did email a complaint though, on the basis that i didn’t really think spending £96 for off-site parking was particularly good value – i’m sure they sensed the sarcasm in my email 😉

I was given £20 refund on the payment card and the dates of when in the immediate future the system would be offline again, so that was at least a reactive apology.

Does anyone know if there are inherent problems with the system or its just essential/annual maintenance?

andrew.gill
    Participant

Hi

@GordyUK
    , do you mind sharing the dates it won’t be available?

thanks in advance

andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls