Heathrow Parking Options

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• SouthernOcean
    Participant

I will be taking a short domestic fight next week from T5 (out and back on the same day) and am attempting to pre-book parking. The offical Heathrow parking website is offering only the short-term car park at around £75. Has anyone else had this problem? Are the POD and businness car parks still open?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

https://www.thistle.com/heathrow-terminal-5/heathrow-pods

according to T5 website PODS opened on 21st October.

Remember the new terminal drop off charge starts soon…

2 users thanked author for this post.

SouthernOcean
    Participant

Thanks Martyn. It seems it is possible to book Pod parking, but only if you book multiple days. For a single day you are directed to short-term. I’ll just try turning up with no booking.

GordyUK
    Participant

POD is quite frankly only a little short of theft. Its closed more than its open, and if you get there to find it inexplicably closed, tough luck – you get a bus. The last 3 trips I’ve used it (more fool me), and the price was £2 different to meet & greet yet the service received was essentially Long Stay with bus. No question of partial refund

ASK1945
    Participant

I have now used Terminal 5 (floor 4) “Meet and Greet” twice in the last 6 weeks and found it very efficient and good value (compared to all the on-site alternatives).

1 user thanked author for this post.

Greg
    Participant

I use the road outside Osterley tube station and take the Piccadilly Line back into LHR. Been doing this for over 40 years and only once failed to park within walking distance of the station. Parking is “off-road” between the road and the pavement and as safe as anywhere.

CheerUp
    Participant

I write this suggestion, in the hope that I will not receive a penalty charge in the next few days…
    A combination of the pandemic, and frankly atrocious pricing of peak time train travel, I have driven to airport for my travels.

For my parking recently I have been using an app called ‘YourParkingSpace’. I managed to park at the Novotel on the Bath Road from Thursday morning to Monday evening for the sum of £26 + £0.99 booking fee. It was then a 10 minuite bus at £1.55 to/from T5.

Worth noting it’s not just hotel parks, there are people’s driveways, garages etc. etc. all parked at owner’s risk.
    I’m no way linked to this app, but have used it a useful and cost saving tool for my recent travels.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sounds similar to Justpark which I have used for various trips (though not to the airport).

CheerUp
    Participant

[postquote quote=1119299]

Exactly that, although I find YourParkingSpace to have more options, but both useful tools in today’s travel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls