British Airways Heathrow GMB Strike at Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The ballot ends today, and we will know the result this afternoon

https://www.gmb.org.uk/news/hundreds-heathrow-workers-begin-ba-strike-ballot

“Hundreds of GMB members working as Heathrow check in and ground staff begin voting on strike action today.
    If the British Airways workers vote to take industrial action, they would walk out during the summer holiday period.
    The ballot ends on 23 June with the result expected the same day.
    Workers are furious because a ten per cent pay cut imposed on them during the pandemic has not been reinstated – despite bosses having their pre-covid pay rates reinstated.
    While other BA workers have been given a 10 per cent bonus, the check in staff have had nothing.”

esselle
    Participant

My understanding is that cabin crew have already voted overwhelmingly for strike action during the summer.

What a sorry state of affairs.

Anybody heard anything from Doyle?

FormerBA
    Participant

Doyle …the invisible man on £900,000 a year. Scandelous pay for the head of an absolutely awful airline.

As for the GMB strike, given the scenes in T2 last week will anyone actually notice a difference?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

MartynSinclair
    Participant

From what I have read some staff are upset they have not had their full pre pandemic salaries reinstated, yet apparently management have had their pre pandemic salaries reinstated. A one of bonus of 10% has been offered, but salaries will not be fully reinstated (nor will pension rights).

Is that the essence or am I missing something else.?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Risk of further BA strikes as more staff consulted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61923815

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls