Heathrow Express TV/PA/Ads/Other onboard noise is intolerable

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• mwhalberg
    Participant

We are a group of 6 who have had to travel continuously over the past year. Using the LHR Express has become an intolerable assault of noise: the ceaseless TV, Ads and ad hoc announcements do not stop the entire journey.
    We have all taken time to write to HXprss, and every response from Lloyd D’Sa (Customer relations team) is the same.
    The cost is extortionate for that journey without the added sound assault.

4 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello mwhaberg – When did you last travel on HEX ?

I ask because the original Siemens trains (which were bought by HEX) have all been scrapped.

They are now replaced by regular trains as GWR is now the operator.

Unfortunately lockdown has meant that I have yet to ride the replacements.

Here’s some background information:

Heathrow Express unveils “new” trainsets

Heathrow Express unveils images of new fleet

3 users thanked author for this post.

mwhalberg
    Participant

Last HEX journey was yesterday (30Apr21). Generally it has been twice a week since Aug.20 and sometimes more if it has been one of the (few!) flights going.
    I did notice the train type had changed to the new ones which are less comfortable, more cramped. The First
    class is definitely not worth the cost. The smaller train though is not so bad for a quick journey but the cost is hard to justify versus the really awful noise of the tv/ads/train destination etc public announcements which at times overlap
    each other. Arriving at T5 last week we had been told no less than 7 times after departing Paddington that the
    train was going to the airport.
    I knew coming back this morning that I needed to speak to the hospital I consult for and so took an Uber so that
    my colleague did not have to compete with HEX in the background.
    I took to this forum because it’s really bad on that train.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Malachi1
    Participant

There is a local train that runs from Paddington to Heathrow. Makes 2-3 stops, takes an extra 3 mins, and the price is easily 60%+ less than the HEX. This is the train I use, since the HEX is exactly that, a Hex (get it). Complete waste of money, only a fool would use it. They charge more and as a thank you, rolled out local commuter trains that are crap.

cwoodward
    Participant

The assault on your ears is very probably illegal in several respects and is worth investigating.

FormerBA
    Participant

I haven’t used it for a long time but it was always like that. Announcement after announcement, generally saying the same thing again and again and again and again. It was tortuous….Didn’t they introduce quite carriages?

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Malachi1 – You must be referring to the former Heathrow Connect which was operated by GWR.

It has now been rebranded as a Tfl service.

Journey time is around 30 mins and it costs almost 50 per cent less than HEX.

Eventually it will form part of Crossrail (Elizabeth Line).

lee.leininger
    Participant

Agree. I got on one the other day, about 10 minutes before we left, it played nonstop all the way to T5.
    It has been like that since the new trains came out. Also wrote via the app because I use it quite a lot
    but they send an autopen response.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls