Heathrow drone protest 13 Sept

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• alainboy56
    Participant

@capetonianm = point taken and apologies for my harsh comments – their problems lie upstairs where ‘suits’ decide what is a priority like catching speeding motorists to boost the coffers.
    Anyway you did agree with me that this is a task for the Army or I suggest the SPG or a similar branch of the Met to root out these stupidly irresponsible weasels.
    However I could suggest that if the UK’s Liberal/Leftie TV media didn’t keep giving them so much airtime, then their ‘publicity stunts’ would fail and die. But there is no chance of that happening anytime soon. A Liberal/Leftie TV source demonstrating civil responsibility ??? Now that would be a novelty.

1 user thanked author for this post.

mkcol74
    Participant

Fantastic to see that the police are continuing to take this very seriously by continuing to make arrests.

alainboy56
    Participant

@mckol74 – But it seems they are releasing them soon afterwards, so hardly a strong deterrent. A warning from PC Plod – oh my goodness.
    In fact a certain misguided soul called Roger Hallam went straight back to try again just to disrupt tens of thousands of travelers!
    Of course they must take it seriously, these idiots are deliberately flouting authority and breaking the law! They must be stronger with them.

mkcol74
    Participant

@alainboy56 Perhaps when you’ve researched & understood the limitations the UK police work to (not just resourcing), start showing some respect rather than trying to diminish them by referring to the officers as “PC Plod” and stop expecting corporal style punishment then your commentary would have some credence.
    Until then it’s just trash-talk and you’d be better to keep your vacuousness to yourself.

alainboy56
    Participant

@mckol74 Thank you for your comments and insults which I believe are not required here on this forum.
    I have no intention of researching and understanding the limitations of the British Police force.
    All I do know as a Brit and living until more than 25 years ago in that ‘green and pleasant’ land is that my car was broken-into 5 times in 5 years, i.e. the window smashed, followed by the dashboard and the radio stolen, and this in a rather salubrious are of London called St John’s Wood. And each time as one needs a police report for the insurance, I visited the local Police Station, I asked them sarcastically where they were when the break-in occurred. Obviously the answer was ‘we cannot be everywhere sir’, to which my answer was but when I over-stay my parking meter, you are there to write a ticket and authorise the fitting of a clamp. When I park 2m from a zebra crossing, you are there to call a patrol car to give me a ‘telling off’ and a ticket. When I park outside a construction site in Wapping (the new newspaper area of London and hardly a thoroughfare or heavily visited area), you were there to ‘pick up’ my car and remove it completely to Hyde Park compound, so Sir, you are always there when YOU want to be! There are many many other stories in my repertoire believe me.
    We could also discuss acts of terrorism … Doesn’t it make one feel warm and secure when they say and announce proudly that ‘they were aware’ of this or that person, and he was on our lists as we thought he might be dangerous….. This is perhaps after many people have died and/or are seriously injured…..
    So please do not patronise me and my comments, they are in my opinion inept as a force. I do not criticise individuals, as I have known over many years, officers at many levels and they are like most of us, good people trying to do their jobs, in many cases a difficult job. So when I write ‘PC Plod’ I am not intending to describe or criticise any particular individual, I am describing them as a Police Force, a government operation that is ruined by leftie-liberal freedoms and values.
    Surely one has also heard this description of the police force? I did not just invent it ….. so please think how did it came about as a description of our ‘Boys in Blue’ ????
    I believe that when Sir Robert Peel formed the first English Forces to protect and police the towns and cities in the mid 19th century, he would never have thought they would be used for such inane and time wasting causes as they are used today.
    Lastly, your reactions are unjust, as my comments were actually half ‘tongue in cheek’

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls