Heathrow can do it!

Back to Forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nevereconomy 12 Jan 2019
at 10:40

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• EasternPedlar
    Participant

Flew back to Heathrow from Delhi on Air India last evening. My flight landed an hour early at T2. I was among the first few off the plane, and a brisk walk to immigration saw me through in about 2 minutes, with virtually no queue. My bag was already on belt 8 (along with quite a few others) when I got there. Bag and all, I was townside in under 20 minutes of the flight docking. A never before experience!

Happy New Year, all!

Window-seat
    Participant

I had a very similar experience at T3 coming in from Hong Kong on CX the other day. Was land side 30 mins after landing. Very nice.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Christmas Day I was able to drive around the M25 without any traffic jams – a never before experience!

The measure isn’t when the airport is quiet – I don’t want to rely on luck when I arrive at what is mostly a horrible airport.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

With hand baggage only and arrival into A Gates, generally manage to get outside and into car within 10- 12 minutes… most times..

capetonianm
    Participant

When Heathrow is good, it’s brilliant, when it’s bad, you don’t want to go there, in both senses. I can remember within a week having a better experience at STN than at LHR.

1 user thanked author for this post.

kershcliff
    Participant

So can Manchester. As written in a previous thread, got off a flight from Venice and was home (4 miles from airport) within 30 minutes of landing – including picking up luggage from the conveyor belt.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

BugAdvisor, a similar experience to driving through the Cross Harbour Tunnel during Chinese New Year!!

nevereconomy
    Participant

In the old days of immigration done by humans was once off BA in PHL and in my car (admittedly in lot closest to terminal) 7 minutes from door opening. Today with the new automated machines, it takes 20 minutes just to reach the machines due to the “immigration challenged” using them….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls