Heathrow baggage handling

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As a data point for Heathrow, I flew overnight from Hanoi in Vietnam with Bamboo Airways, landing on Sunday morning.
    Our arrival time was 1005 on Sunday morning. In the event, we arrived at Terminal 3 at 0845.

We then waited for over an hour for a gate, with our engines idling.

At around 0950, we had our gate and then there was a 10 minute walk to immigration, no queues, but then a further 50 minute wait for bags to arrive.

Left the airport at 1100.

(As an aside, Terminal 3 had been packed the previous Sunday. I’ve never seen the Centurion Lounge so busy, and the No1 Lounge was queueing down the stairs. No chance with a Priority Pass in any of them at this time (Sunday morning)

DannyBoy
    Participant

Tom, I came in from Oslo with BA on Saturday and ran into the same problem. We landed 30 mins late, 15 min for a gate location, 25 mins to get the gate attached then a further 3o mins for my bag at the reclaim. The hall was very busy across all airlines waiting for their bags. I simply walked through passport control which was very empty and to top it nobody manned any of the customs areas.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls