Heads up – Solid deo sticks

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

FDOS_UK
    Participant

DFT has changed the rules and any deodorant in hand luggage must now be put in the poly bag and scanned.

Hopefully this may save someone on the forum the inconvenience of having their bag pulled and searched because it contained an alum based anti-perspirant rock.

MrMichael
    Participant

I use this all the time because it saves hassle with security at airports. Never been tugged over it.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Ahhh…. The mind boggling definition of liquid!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

TheRealBabushka – 15/11/2015 00:58 GMT

Ah, but they don’t say at what atmospheric temperature/pressure, do they? 😉

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

FDOS-UK

Good one! LOL!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

FDOS – perhaps the thread heading should have been, “what is a liquid”…

Thanks for the heads up on deo sticks. I have been trying to find out whether a jar of Nutella is a solid or a liquid. (Selfrdiges are selling personalised jars and they make very good stocking fillers).

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/nutella-personalised-nutella-400g_554-76027643-NUTPERPZ/

MrMichael
    Participant

Now a personalised jar of marmite would be worth having. But same question as Martyn, is it a liquid?

Alsacienne
    Participant

I think it qualifies as a paste so is not allowed in handbaggage unless in a container of under 100 ml … like Nutella, Patum Perperium or ….. toothpaste!

HarryMonk
    Participant

Apparently Branston pickle is a liquid, at least at LHR T5, and was therefore confiscated

stevescoots
    Participant

A liquid is whatever security say it is, even when its clearly otherwise

openfly
    Participant

In Cape Town and Durban they consider a 2 litre bottle of water to be a solid object!!

JohnHarper
    Participant

Isn’t it time the whole sorry business of liquids in hand luggage was re-evaluated? We were promised that restrictions would be lifted by 2012 and yet nothing has happened.

The ridiculous situation remains that you can buy in duty free shops if you know what you are doing the makings of a reasonably dangerous device but at the same time you are not allowed to take a bottle of water through security with you.

In many places they adopt a more realistic approach these days and I include an award winning airport in South East Asia in that comment where I think they know a thing or two about security and they certainly use profiling as part of the process. Meanwhile back at LHR the goons remain as rude and as ignorant and heaven forbid that 101mls in a container should get through. I’m just glad I don’t have to travel through there as often as I used to and looking in from the outside you realise how fundamentally useless the LHR procedures and staff are.

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

At Vienna airport, tofu is a liquid. Except when it isn’t (i.e. twice in a row before it was confiscated the third time). Not sure which is worse, i.e. stupid application of rules, or inconsistent enforcement of rules…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

News reports were announcing a David Cameron announcement of a “doubling of Airport Security in the UK” but apparently left off the word BUDGET.. I was wondering, exactly how can airport security be doubled… it would probably have meant bag searches and strip searches for all………..

If indeed the Government is going to double the budget for Airport Security, the 2 big questions will be, where is the money coming from and where is the money going…

For those of you watching Sky News, the video which accompanies the report showed a lady putting a bottle of water on the security belt for an X Ray…. wonder where the video was taken…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls